Florida, Pittsburgh, Edmonton and Islanders fans, would you take Laine or Matthews?

Add Laine or Matthews?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Florida: Matthews.
Edmonton: Close, but Laine imo.
Pittsburgh: Laine.
Islanders: Close, but Matthews imo.
Edmonton: Laine, easy IMO.

We have McDavid, Draisaitl, RNH down the middle. We are desperate for a right shooter on the PP and scoring wingers.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Edm needs wingers. They are fine at Center. Laine with mcDavid would be amazing

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
What's the context here? Why these teams?

Regardless, I'd take Matthews. Better player and would provide a safety net for JT leaving. Although Laine next to Barzal makes me salivate so it's tough.

Because this is a poll Laine can actually win. :rolleyes:

Seriously nearly every team here has a centre that's better or as good as Matthews, but don't have wingers on Laine's level. I could only see Florida taking Matthews because he'd become their new #1C and him and Barkov down the middle would be great depth. The Islanders too if Tavares walks this offseason.

This poll is designed for Laine to win so... congrats OP? He finally bested Matthews in one of these. Now let's ask who Columbus, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montréal, Detroit, or Carolina would take between the two.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Because this is a poll Laine can actually win. :rolleyes:

Seriously nearly every team here has a centre that's better or as good as Matthews, but don't have wingers on Laine's level. I could only see Florida taking Matthews because he'd become their new #1C and him and Barkov down the middle would be great depth. The Islanders too if Tavares walks this offseason.

This poll is designed for Laine to win so... congrats OP? He finally bested Matthews in one of these. Now let's ask who Columbus, Ottawa, Vancouver, Montréal, Detroit, or Carolina would take between the two.
Zero chance Matthews would play ahead of Barkov after this year.

Reactions: Skeletorrr

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Im sorry but this looks beyond dumb.

I think Pittsburgh would take Laine without question

How much longer do you think Malkin and Crosby play? Who's going to their center after that?

Or are you going to be lead by a high scoring LW 5+ years down the line....I've heard that ends well

NeverTriggered

Jan 15, 2017
Laine would be the obvious choice for Edmonton.

Why OP selected teams with great top-6 centres? It would be interesting to see if the results would much differ if the question would have included lets' say Minnesota, Montreal, Nashville and St.Louis

member 147413

I doubt that...

Change my mind:
Laine has 41 Goals in 69 Games, with 16:37 minutes per game as a 19 year old...
You can’t change someone’s mind who clearly has an agenda and won’t listen.

Posters like you are a waste of time to discuss with.

You’re illpucks and asiantuntija level obnoxious.

Laine is a phenomenal goal scorer put in a relatively safe position for him to continue his success.

This 50% shooting 2 week stretch is unsustainable. I don’t doubt he’ll have streaks like this regularly through his career. I think it will be tougher for him when his qoc and zone starts get harder.

Reactions: WillTheThrill

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Feb 23, 2017
OP obviously selected teams with great center depth because in a vacuum you should always pick Matthews over Laine for your franchise because of the center advantage.
By restricting the options for teams with already existing center depth, the poll will actually have acceptable reasons to choose either pick.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Current Pens team I take Laine. Deadly goal scoring winger to slot next to Malkin or Crosby.

To start a rebuild, I take Matthews.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
OP obviously selected teams with great center depth because in a vacuum you should always pick Matthews over Laine for your franchise because of the center advantage.
By restricting the options for teams with already existing center depth, the poll will actually have acceptable reasons to choose either pick.

It was a subject matter in another thread with me and him, there is nothing malicious about this thread.

My contention was that there was maybe 1 team in the NHL that would take Laine over Matthews due to their center depth (Pits) and the rest would easily take Matthews.

This thread has not proved that, although being fair to me I said GMs and not casual fans who factor in entertainment and their own biases just as much as wanting the team to win.

CujosMask

Nov 24, 2017
Betting all of those teams GMs would take Matthews

Wait, maybe Chiarelli wouldn't because he is shit.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Having the versatility of McDavid, Matthews, RNH & Draisaitl is too good to pass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad