Florida pitfall?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
twolinepass ryan lambert

boo hoo they're making me move and giving me 50% off my next season ticket which btw already costs less than comparable seats at other rinks
on the other hand the idiots in the panthers from office decide "no one goes to games to begin with so let's charge them even more money"
i like situations like this, in which everybody is being really stupid and wrong
@JoeYerdonPHT it's like "we're mad because we are being given significant discounts" and "no one cares so let's gouge those that do" AT ONCE
panthers STHs getting displaced won't be able to get better seats unless they can find some that don't face the ice

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...n-tickets-0820110820,0,430803.story?track=rss

New club area has some fans very upset. Like one guy who paid $5k for his row 15 pair of seats and to keep them is looking at $22,500 PER seat. (But that includes many other events in addition to hockey games.)

:amazed: i actually didn't know season tickets cost that much, obviously it differs from different parts of the arena and different teams

I am just wondering what's the highest anyone has payed for a season ticket ??

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
:amazed: i actually didn't know season tickets cost that much, obviously it differs from different parts of the arena and different teams

That number includes 44+ NHL games (including preseason), plus a bunch of concerts and events.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
okay thanks :D

is the most expensive season tickets maple leafs and/or canadiens ?? or does any other team charge more than them

Well for 70,000 you can buy the seat license for a pair of Golds, not platinums mind you but hey you can't expect to have it all.
That will give you the right to pay 16,238.70 plus tax per seat for the whole season. Mind you I see that was for the 09/10 season, I imagine they're a bit more now.
Wonder if a 2nd team would work in Toronto...
http://www.langeshow.com/leafLicenses/
License Description 8 Toronto Maple Leafs
$70,000
Seat Locations: Leafs (Golds) Section 117, Row 14, Seats 10-11

Description: Leafs only, Great seats!
Price Details: Invoice cost for 2009-10 is $16,238.70, which is $180.43

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005

That number includes 44+ NHL games (including preseason), plus a bunch of concerts and events.

And access to an exclusive private club (with views overlooking center ice) with food and beverages.

You can really look at this as being a fractional luxury suite at luxury suite per seat prices.

It would be interesting to see a comparison between luxury box pricing and sight lines at the BankAtlantic Center versus this new Club Red - I wonder if it might cause some attrition of existing suite holders.

The 672 seats in those 3 Club Red sections would be the equivalent of 56 add'l 12-person suites. If this does prove successful (I'm still a bit dubious), I wonder if you will see similar conversions at other arenas.

edit:

A quick glance at the Panthers and BankAtlantic Center sites shows that the BAC has 72 boxes - 50 Lexus Suite Level Boxes (the 200 level at the back of the lower bowl) and 22 Lexus Club Level Boxes (at the back of the 300 level Club Seats). In addition, there are 4-8 seat loge boxes which appear to be in a ring in the middle of the 100 level lower bowl.

Last edited:

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It would be interesting to see a comparison between luxury box pricing and sight lines at the BankAtlantic Center versus this new Club Red - I wonder if it might cause some attrition of existing suite holders. The 672 seats in those 3 Club Red sections would be the equivalent of 56 add'l 12-person suites. If this does prove successful (I'm still a bit dubious), I wonder if you will see similar conversions at other arenas.

Thats' what Im wondering as well. How do these rates stack up against the suite packages and how many are actually sold?. Secondly, in addition to the Panthers games, what are you looking at for playoff tickets & what kind of flexibility is one offered with respect to the Concert & Events Schedule?. If it works, you bet similar programs will be implemented elsewhere, however, that sticker price is a bit of a shocker. Yormarks' going to have to show some extremely high perceived values up-front in making his pitch to the business community on this one, while logistically & executionally I can foresee several difficulties in delivery.

These Panthers off-season thoughts are brought to you by JetBlue. Youll Want to Fly Again!... :D

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well for 70,000 you can buy the seat license for a pair of Golds, not platinums mind you but hey you can't expect to have it all.
That will give you the right to pay 16,238.70 plus tax per seat for the whole season. Mind you I see that was for the 09/10 season, I imagine they're a bit more now.
Wonder if a 2nd team would work in Toronto...
http://www.langeshow.com/leafLicenses/
License Description 8 Toronto Maple Leafs
$70,000
Seat Locations: Leafs (Golds) Section 117, Row 14, Seats 10-11

Description: Leafs only, Great seats!
Price Details: Invoice cost for 2009-10 is $16,238.70, which is $180.43
Maybe, but they wouldn't be the Leafs. That has to count for something. Part of what you're paying for is Original 6 team, history, and atmosphere.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
That's just......bad. On so many levels, emotional, fiscal and otherwise.

Oh for sure, the entire campaign & the use of "Red" distills the liquor down to its most toxic potency. Primal. Tex Rickard, a former Texas Ranger & original owner of the NY Rangers used to hire off-duty ambulance's & drivers to tear around MSG, sirens wailing during the first period in order to draw rubberneckers into the building, hoping to "see red". The entire premise is hyper-aggressive marketing on "all levels" as you correctly point out, consciously, sub-consciously; the financial aspects more an open admission by the organization than anything else in its call to action...... It will be interesting to see how it plays out in South Florida. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad