Florida Panthers: The Perpetual Build

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Not really fixing the defense(roster wise+ prospect pool wise) keeps being a problem for Tallon.
He's done a good job with re-tooling the F group but the defensive group alongside goaltending is an issue.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Florida, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina (although maybe not anymore) always seem to be bad, it's a shame
Luckily we made it out of the basement

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Florida, Arizona, Buffalo, Carolina (although maybe not anymore) always seem to be bad, it's a shame
Luckily we made it out of the basement

Canes seem on their way. I think Buffalo is close, but they desperately need to fire Housely. Trading ROR sort of committed them to another bad year as well.

Arizona is just a hot mess.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
The reason Florida sucks is because their defense is absolutely horrendous. The goaltending isn’t good either but the defense is on a whole other level of horrendous.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Wish we actually tried to upgrade the blueline, outside of B.K.

Cause once again, the young guys aren't ready for the roles they are given.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
The reason Florida sucks is because their defense is absolutely horrendous. The goaltending isn’t good either but the defense is on a whole other level of horrendous.

Is it really? Didn't they do everything possible to keep that D together in the expansion draft? (like, expose Marchesseault and trade Reilly Smith so they can keep their D core intact).

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Is it really? Didn't they do everything possible to keep that D together in the expansion draft? (like, expose Marchesseault and trade Reilly Smith so they can keep their D core intact).
Yeah we did. The worst part is we protected Petrovic who is probably the worst Dman in the NHL.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Yeah we did. The worst part is we protected Petrovic who is probably the worst Dman in the NHL.

I caught OT last night, and if I remember correctly, he took the puck behind his own net, came to a complete stop, and then failed to escape a forechecker and ended up turning over the puck. I haven't seen a ton of the Panthers but it was a pretty ugly play for anyone to be making at the NHL level, especially in OT.

Reactions: I am not exposed

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I caught OT last night, and if I remember correctly, he took the puck behind his own net, came to a complete stop, and then failed to escape a forechecker and ended up turning over the puck. I haven't seen a ton of the Panthers but it was a pretty ugly play for anyone to be making at the NHL level, especially in OT.
Should’ve watched the whole game. He’s one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in my life and I’m a panthers fan.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Reimer under contract for two more seasons at $3M+ per. "Yikes" is understating it.
To be honest, considering his career, that's not yikes but a small underpayment. He doesn't play at career average this season though, like many other quality NHL goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad