GDT: Florida Panthers do Buffalo Wings: We Will Learn Patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
Good game, certainly aided by Buffalo's d missing regulars.

The first line was outstanding.

Trocheck, Hunt, Bjugstad played well.

The fourth line was ok. Haley took a bad penalty but was bailed out.

Ekblad, Matheson, Yandle, Pyksyk were solid. Weegar has too many brain farts.
Weegar has always had a problem doing a 180 transition turn to defense. He somehow catches the heel of the the skate blade and falls. Fortunately it only happens once every 3 or 4 games. :)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Sounds like Hunt will stick around for a few games?
Small sample size but he does the little things right that so many of our forwards don't do like get the puck out of our zone quickly and even skates it out from time to time. He's also physical in a gritty way, not a guy who will demolish people but he's winning puck battles, drives through his checks, and is strong along the wall. The only real knock against him last night is it's obvious he doesn't have the skating ability desired by this team. He's an average skater at best but nobody is perfect. Didn't have a good opportunity to shoot but that's apparently his best asset. I think he's got a shot at keeping a middle 6 winger position.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Small sample size but he does the little things right that so many of our forwards don't do like get the puck out of our zone quickly and even skates it out from time to time. He's also physical in a gritty way, not a guy who will demolish people but he's winning puck battles, drives through his checks, and is strong along the wall. The only real knock against him last night is it's obvious he doesn't have the skating ability desired by this team. He's an average skater at best but nobody is perfect. Didn't have a good opportunity to shoot but that's apparently his best asset. I think he's got a shot at keeping a middle 6 winger position.

His skating is shaky, but the kid kept beating NHL players to the puck last night... You can say it may not be his strenght. But to say it's obvious he doesn't have the skating the team wants... Huby is not a graceful skater but he rarely gets beat to the puck.

I don't care if you look like you're going through slush... If you are retrieving the puck because you're quicker on it than others, you'll get on my team every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
His skating is shaky, but the kid kept beating NHL players to the puck last night... You can say it may not be his strenght. But to say it's obvious he doesn't have the skating the team wants... Huby is not a graceful skater but he rarely gets beat to the puck.

I don't care if you look like you're going through slush... If you are retrieving the puck because you're quicker on it than others, you'll get on my team every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Hubs is much better skater than Hunt.

Yes, I agree, if he manages to get the puck that's all that matters.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Good game, certainly aided by Buffalo's d missing regulars.

The first line was outstanding.

Trocheck, Hunt, Bjugstad played well.

The fourth line was ok. Haley took a bad penalty but was bailed out.

Ekblad, Matheson, Yandle, Pyksyk were solid. Weegar has too many brain farts.

Pyksyk the most brain farts and wrong plays was made from Pyksyk and i only missed 3 Minutes of the Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->