Florida Panthers continue to have strong group of prospects despite numerous graduati

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

Opportunities for prospects in the Florida Panthers system were omnipresent during the 2013-14 season. Whether those opportunities came in the form of the NCAA tournament, professional hockey debuts, or calls to the NHL, several hungry young prospects distinguished themselves by their play, effort and skills.

Although plenty of Panthers prospects have recently graduated, including Nick Bjugstad and Drew Shore, there are still numerous talented players working their ways through the organization.

Fastest Skater: Quinton Howden, LW, Florida Panthers (NHL)

Quinton Howden is an extremely fast skater who is capable of playing in a lot of different situations for the Panthers.… read more

More...

GernBlanston

May 20, 2011
Smyrna, GA
Pretty good article. It's funny... I don't think anyone has even mentioned Kosov in a year. Pretty sure nobody here considers him a genuine NHL prospect.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida

Opportunities for prospects in the Florida Panthers system were omnipresent during the 2013-14 season. Whether those opportunities came in the form of the NCAA tournament, professional hockey debuts, or calls to the NHL, several hungry young prospects distinguished themselves by their play, effort and skills.

Although plenty of Panthers prospects have recently graduated, including Nick Bjugstad and Drew Shore, there are still numerous talented players working their ways through the organization.

Fastest Skater: Quinton Howden, LW, Florida Panthers (NHL)

Quinton Howden is an extremely fast skater who is capable of playing in a lot of different situations for the Panthers.… read more

More...

Great read! :handclap:

coopdaloop123

Mar 11, 2013
FL
Pretty good article. It's funny... I don't think anyone has even mentioned Kosov in a year. Pretty sure nobody here considers him a genuine NHL prospect.

I haven't seen him sincethe WJC two years ago. I think everyone is still hoping that his skills catch up to his size, but who knows. I believe the team has one more year before they have to sign him or let him walk.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well, Kosov's team was the KHL champions, so it might be hard to get ice time there. But I still think he could be a good 4th liner even if his offensive skills never quite develop. With that size, willingness to use it, and good skating ability for his size, he could carve out a niche while scoring the occasional goal. The question is will he ever come over. He'd have to start out in the AHL obviously.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
I was just going to say that - who the hell let Keenan near one of our prospects? You KNOW what he does to prospects...:shakehead

According to Stephen Weiss he makes them keep their sticks on the ice when they don't have the puck for defensive reasons.

Unacceptable! :laugh:

homegrizown

Feb 4, 2008
pembroke pines fl
i love that we had jugs with rau and now mccoshen with matheson. it makes for good chemistry in years to come. even if it doesn't pan out. it's still nice to know some of these guys will be familiar with each other. and makes for transitions to the next levels alot more easier.

i hope this is the year we can put out a competitve panther team as well as a rampage team.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
i love that we had jugs with rau and now mccoshen with matheson. it makes for good chemistry in years to come. even if it doesn't pan out. it's still nice to know some of these guys will be familiar with each other. and makes for transitions to the next levels alot more easier.

i hope this is the year we can put out a competitve panther team as well as a rampage team.

I fully expect McCoshen and Matheson to be a pairing for us for many years to come. They both have good size (6'3 and 6'2 respectively), Matheson is a real wizard with the puck on the back end and McCoshen is a tough defender to play against. Although they are both left-handed shots, their chemistry at Boston College will likely translate to significant success at the NHL level.

I still can't believe DT managed to get McCoshen in the 2nd round. Kid is a ****ing stud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad