Florida Panthers completely changing jersey (logo leaked post 661)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Can someone explain the motivation for doing this right now? Why not wait until draft day?

The Oilers did that last year with their new thirds and I thought it was a great idea. I mean obviously that guy they drafted Connor somebody or other helped sales but those jerseys were sold out for months and months in Edmonton. I saw many grown men bursting out of size small McDavid jerseys at Rexall this year.

JA

Third logo being unveiled. It's an ugly, simplified version of the old logo.

JA

That first guy bailed!

The second fan in the Q&A asking if they think it looks too much like the Carolina Panthers logo.

"Don't you think it looks too much like the Carolina Panthers football?"

*pause*

"Carolina Panthers."

*pause*

"The Carolina Panthers."

*mic taken away*

The third fan is aggressively asking if Trochek "really likes the jersey."

The fourth Q&A fan saying very angrily that the old logo is a big part of their history, and then spins 180 degrees at the end and says that he likes the new logo.

Holy moley.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Okay what is happening now with the fans??

That quote was hilarious "30 seconds from the arena is an endangered species"

Yah we named the team after the species we wiped out to build this place !!! Be respectful dammit !

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
woman comes up saying the jersey looks like the Carolina Panthers hahahaha

all the fan segments were amazing

one guy threw the mic and ran away.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
This fan Q&A is straight out of parks and Rec. "I found a sandwich at one of your games, and I wanna know why it didn't have mayonnaise!!"

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
The more and more I think about this, I feel like Viola family is really missing the "create your own team" -option in the EA NHL games.

Flat out giving personal motives for the logo changes, being the spokesmen in the reveal video and just re-designing for the sake of re-designing.

"HEYYY! Look! I OWN AN NHL TEAM!"

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
The more and more I think about this, I feel like Viola family is really missing the "create your own team" -option in the EA NHL games.

Flat out giving personal motives for the logo changes, being the spokesmen in the reveal video and just re-designing for the sake of re-designing.

Agreed. One of the fan questions was about why they chose now to redesign it and he said they couldn't answer it "for legal purposes" or something

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Might've been a better choice to go with Olli Jokinen's face as the new logo.
fpZHrom.jpg

This should've been the new leaping Panther logo

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Agreed. One of the fan questions was about why they chose now to redesign it and he said they couldn't answer it "for legal purposes" or something
Sounded like he was going to jump on stage and murder them at the beginning of his question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->