Florida Panthers Add a Children's Song

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
OK so maybe it's not the best headline in the world, but the Florida Panthers held a press conference this afternoon to announce two trades that the club has made.

The trades saw the arrival of center Andy McDonald (otherwise known as Old McDonald) and defenseman Brad Lukowich. Leaving the team is forward Rene Bourque, defenseman Toni Lydman, and prospect Justin Shugg. The Panthers also acquired 2nd and 6th round draft picks.

"Our club was struggling a bit offensively to start the season and I felt like part of that falls on to the fact that we were asking our most natural scoring winger to play center, Patrick Sharp," says G.M. Brock Otten. "By adding Andy McDonald, it allows Patrick to play on the wing and provide the scoring we need from the right side. Meanwhile, Andy slots perfectly on to the team's 2nd line to provide secondary scoring."

Both Andy McDonald and Brad Lukowich are expected to be in the line up versus the Carolina Hurricanes tonight/tomorrow. Veteran Manny Legace is expected to get his second start of the year.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Here I thought you meant that old chestnut, "Don't eat Papa Lukowich's Beets!". I can still remember singing that one around the campfire back in the old country...

You know, Mississauga.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad