Proposal: Florida-Ottawa

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
To Florida: Chris Tierney

To Ottawa: Markus Nutivaara

The two teams swap similar aged players that are struggling a bit this season. Panthers get a penalty killing depth center and the Senators get a depth defenseman to hopefully upgrade on Coburn, Gudbranson and Josh Brown. Both guys have an extra year on their contracts.

Ledge And Dairy

Tierney may not have a lot of points but he has been forced to play very heavy defensive minutes vs the opponents top lines this year (and there is a lot of offensive power in the north division). From the games I've watched he has been very noticeable and reasonably effective. I would not consider him to be struggling this season but instead heavily relied upon for sheltering the young guys.

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
Is OP a Senators fan?
Because I thought Tierney was considered a really good 3C. Nutivaara is a 6D. One is clearly worth more than the other.

Even still, I'm not sure if the Panthers can do that right now. Stillman was actually a reliable and useful bottom pair for us, and now he's gone. Ekblad is gone. Yandle gets worse by the week. Q doesn't like trust Stralman that much either.

As long as we are playing 11 F 7D, I don't think we can give up another NHL caliber d-man without bringing another one in.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Is OP a Senators fan?
Because I thought Tierney was considered a really good 3C. Nutivaara is a 6D. One is clearly worth more than the other.

I think Sens fans are generally down on Tierney because he's not a goal scorer, he can be very vanilla, and I think some might even think he's blocking Brown from playing (Brown is blocking Brown from playing).

He does the little things and he is a good 3C as you said. He's just not exciting so many of us want to change him with someone who does something exciting. A playoff team would be very smart to pick him up for that role if they could.

Reactions: Laus723

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Tierney is surely not playing like a really good 3C right now. A passable 3C might be a stretch.

I wanted Nutivaara last year instead of Gudbranson. Especially if he has dropped to bottom pairing level, he is just blocking young guys in a rebuild.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Tierney wont return anything close to a 2nd at this point, but I would hope we could get a better asset than Nutivaara.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Tierney is so bad, I'd rather keep Nuti and healthy scratch him. At least he's cheaper.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Tierney is so bad, I'd rather keep Nuti and healthy scratch him. At least he's cheaper.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad