GDT: Florida @ Montreal 7:30PM EST (RDS HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Like I said, maybe playing in Europe (something he hadn't done before) is messing him up. The bigger ice-surface gave him more time over there, so maybe his timing is a bit off.

I'm not too worried.. the guy works his ass off (as evidenced on the second goal). He'll pick it up.

The big ice hasn't really messed up Plekanec and Markov, though both are more familiar with the transition.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
serious "karma" at work on Gally's goal.

a few seconds earlier his play on the MaxPac rebound (controlling the puck in tight, going back hand to forehand and visibly trying to lift it over the goalies leg in tight), was a thing of beauty... didn't get the goal, but it was the kind of play that an elite player regularly pops up on the highlight reel for executing.

love that a few seconds later he gets a goal that bounces off of him...

going to be fun watching him for years to come!:handclap:

68*

Can Pacioretty stop getting destroyed all the time? He's gonna get hurt.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The big ice hasn't really messed up Plekanec and Markov, though both are more familiar with the transition.
They played over there when they were younger, plus Olympics, etc. This is DD's first time. Not that is a good excuse, but it could explain the timing problems. He's fanning on pucks. He never does that.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
serious "karma" at work on Gally's goal.

a few seconds earlier his play on the MaxPac rebound (controlling the puck in tight, going back hand to forehand and visibly trying to lift it over the goalies leg in tight), was a thing of beauty... didn't get the goal, but it was the kind of play that an elite player regularly pops up on the highlight reel for executing.

love that a few seconds later he gets a goal that bounces off of him...

going to be fun watching him for years to come!:handclap:

I like that he has that kind of skill, and that he shows such a willingness to get into the dirty areas and go for the garbage goals

Davebo*

Panthers fan coming in peace.

Looks like y'all have something special in Galchenyuk. He is playing absolutely fearlessly in front of the net and looks like he's willing to grind and fight it out. That's something you can't teach... He's gonna be fun to watch.

Less so when he's scoring against us, of course, but what can you do?

Good game, all. Cheers!

Classy post - respect...

Only three more games to evaluate and make a huge decision. Stay, or back to Sarnia... Glad I'm the one making THAT call! :laugh:

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Beautiful period of play by Galchenyuk. Really battled for every inch of ice he got, and was rewarded for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->