Friedman: Florida linked to Jeff Skinner

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If the top prospects are off the table for a player with type of term, as has been discussed ad nauseam in the Pacioretty threads, 15OA would be the logical piece.

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Skinner - Trocheck - Bjugstad

Looking at that, I'd prefer the Canes trade him out of conference.

Skinner is a much better target for Florida than Pac, good fit age wise and adds speed.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Skinner is a much better target for Florida than Pac, good fit age wise and adds speed.

Would skinner want to re-sign there tho? Pacioretty has connections with Florida so he would likely agree on a contract extension.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Would skinner want to re-sign there tho? Pacioretty has connections with Florida so he would likely agree on a contract extension.

His next contract is screaming for trouble so to me that wouldn't add any extra value on Pac.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
15 for Skinner makes too much sense. No need to overcomplicate things.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Zero need for a defenseman.

That could be dependent on if Faulk is moved. Because if Faulk returns a 20-goal forward, then Pysyk as a partner for Hanifin (who most likely stays if Faulk goes) would be a good addition to the 15th overall.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Panthers offense can be scary good in a few years (assuming everyone lives up to potential and Skinner is traded there)

Huberdeau-Barkov-Dadonov
Skinner-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Heponiemi-Borgstrom-Tippett
Mamin-McCann-Malgin/Hawryluk

Although I doubt Skinner-Trocheck would work well due to their play styles. Even without Skinner, Panthers have a potentially elite offense there

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Bjugstad and the 15th for Rask and Skinner.

Bjugstad is playing wing for us just because we are stacked at center. So Rask is really not interesting at all.

Even if that were the case, not all 1at round picks are equal now when we know the draft order.

Yeah I personally hold that 15OA quite a bit more valuable compared to a, let's say, 20-25OA pick this year.

If the Panthers are trading a first rounder, I'd rather try to make it a 2019 one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad