Equipment: Floor hockey - help me select shoe category?

Vespir

Aug 3, 2013
I've been playing floor hockey for almost a year now. The courts are either hardwood school gyms, or this special facility they call it "Gym Flex" and it's supposed to be a rubber that simulates hardwood with cushioning.

I've been wearing running shoes, which I just don't feel are doing the best job. I don't know much about shoes, but from what I've tried researching the best options appear to be basketball shoes, tennis shoes, cross-trainers, and tennis shoes.

Can anyone give me some help figuring out which type I should look for? Thanks :)

boo10

Jan 19, 2013
Have you looked at court shoes? They're the type worn by indoor volleyball and squash players.

alatos

Jun 12, 2011
I've also tried various running shoes and found them OK, but not the best. I play on an actual dek hockey surface (it's blue, I think Mylec makes it), and they seemed to tend to slip just a little more than I felt they should. So when they wore out, I picked up a pair of Adidas Super Sala Indoor Soccer shoes. They are perfect. Awesome grip and they are reasonably light and comfy, not to mention all the backhanded compliments I get for their neon yellow coloration. I will be sticking with indoor soccer shoes for the foreseeable future. I think they're just a great option for dek hockey. But that's just my opinion, I know a lot of people like basketball shoes.

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
Basketball shoes seem to be the best all around type. I went for years with low top running shoes...very light, very thin. It was great and comfortable for running, but I felt every ball and slash to the foot. I also rolled my ankle a couple times.

A high top, thicker material basketball shoe would be my best bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad