Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Great to hear. Some people worry to much! Including me occassionally. Welcome Tristan and family. Glad to have you board!

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Correct me if I’m wrong but outside of Keppen, this seems like a very small team up front?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Correct me if I’m wrong but outside of Keppen, this seems like a very small team up front?

does not seem ‘very small’. Keppen, Piercy, Panwar, Othman, Hayes, Hay 6’ or more. Morgan 5’11”, a couple more 5’10”+

Last edited:
Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
In addition to what dirty12 said, our top “9” priority draft selections were 6’ or taller and our top “2” U-18 picks were 6-5 and 6-2. Not too worried in that regard.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
Rolf is back…Terry is back…new Coach….wonder if all this will affect Player signings….hmmmmmm:laugh:
Time for Petrovski

Reactions: Toldyaso

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Welcome to Ethan and family. I see a bright future for him and Bertucci. Next should be D Petrovski or G Day.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint home opener vs Erie Saturday Oct. 9th
Saginaw home opener vs Erie Saturday October 16th
Erie home opener vs Saginaw Saturday October 23rd

Obviously, U.S. teams all playing the other U.S. teams for perhaps their first several games. Vice-versa for all the Canadian teams. Canadian teams could do it more geographically if they wanted.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Excited for the season, but scratching my head why “10” Wednesday home games when the previous two hockey seasons we only had “4” each season? Now do not get me wrong, Wednesday hockey is better than no hockey, but this may be the Firebirds worst home schedule since their inception. In Flint’s over 50 years of hockey (minor pro and junior), Wednesday’s have always been a bad draw. However, 12 games against our arch-rival Saginaw is a positive. UPDATE: Two of those Wednesday’s should be decent draws November 24th (night before Thanksgiving vs Saginaw and December 29th also vs Saginaw during holiday break).

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Five of Flint’s six, 1st round Import Selections have committed to the Firebirds and I expect today’s pick, F Simon Slavicek 6-0 and 170 lbs from the Czech Republic to make it six out of seven.

Last edited:

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Five out of seven still pretty good. I think we will be fine. However, HUGE blunder on Terry Christenson’s part! Not getting assurances of his commitment like Branch and Wellwood did show his inexperience.

Reactions: bcspragu

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
After 15+ years with the Plymouth/Flint franchise Joe Stefan is gone. Thank you Joe for all your hard work and dedication with the franchise......meanwhile Rolf Nilsen, Terry Christensen and the franchise itself has not issued a public statement in regards to Stefan's departure.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
After 15+ years with the Plymouth/Flint franchise Joe Stefan is gone. Thank you Joe for all your hard work and dedication with the franchise......meanwhile Rolf Nilsen, Terry Christensen and the franchise itself has not issued a public statement in regards to Stefan's departure.
Damn, would I ever love to sit down for beers with Joe Stefan...the one guy who was around for it all, and who wasn't one of Rolf's "boys". He should write a book.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Damn, would I ever love to sit down for beers with Joe Stefan...the one guy who was around for it all, and who wasn't one of Rolf's "boys". He should write a book.
Well, if there was one guy from the org who WOULD sit down and bs with you, it would be Stefan. He was always great to chat with. A little bit tight lipped about stuff, but you could talk with him about things and he’d give up little bits of info and a lot of hockey knowledge. Losing him and Wellwood are major amateur mistakes, I don’t care how much you’re worth or how long you’ve been around the game.

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
Well, if there was one guy from the org who WOULD sit down and bs with you, it would be Stefan. He was always great to chat with. A little bit tight lipped about stuff, but you could talk with him about things and he’d give up little bits of info and a lot of hockey knowledge. Losing him and Wellwood are major amateur mistakes, I don’t care how much you’re worth or how long you’ve been around the game.
Huge mistake. The fall out is coming. Hearing veterans aren’t happy about the current situation.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Passing on season tickets this season.

Your not the only one. Right now I am aware of 14 who have had season tickets since year 1 and are NOT renewing for the upcoming season. If you choose to attend a game there should be no problems in getting tickets with the "Stooges" back in charge running the show.

Reactions: Smu fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad