Flint Firebirds 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Granted there has been no OHL hockey, I wonder how long Flint will wait to replace Directer of Broadcasting and Communication Dominic Hennig who left over a month ago to work in the college ranks with the CCHA?

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Replying to Gensdef "Season ticks from the season we didnt finish. Plus playoff ticks i bought"

I was told I wouldn't get any kind of credit for the final season tickets, with the free parking etc, they weren't worried about those.

But you will 100% get something for your playoff tickets you purchased. I'm sure there is someone there during the day, or email Mary the director of ticketing. [email protected]

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
7th pick, then 13th pick, then 7th and so on through 15 rounds. Will be interesting to see how many American kids are selected this year.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
It appears a Flint has hired Jack Sznewags as it’s Dirctor of Broadcasting and Communications. He is a graduate of Michigan State and did some Firebirds color commentary in the past. He is listed in the Firebirds directory.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I think we have an okay nucleus coming back or starting their careers in Flint:

Othmann
Kressler
Panwar
Hayes
Giroux
Piercey
Kuzmin
Terry
Petrou
Lombardi
D’Amato
Nixon
Deline
Grainer
Harper, etc

*Plus potential OA’s like (Morgan, Oksentyuk, Keppen, Cavallin, Gretz, Pierce)
*Plus a new import and top ‘21 draft picks.
*Certainly holes to fill, but a decent start if we get a majority of these players to report.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Othmann
Kressler
Panwar
Hayes
Giroux
Piercey
Kuzmin
Terry
Petrou
Lombardi
Nixon
Deline
Grainer
Harper, etc

*Plus potential OA’s like (Oksentyuk, Keppen, Cavallin, Gretz, Pierce)
*Certainly holes to fill, but a decent start if we get a majority of these players to report.

Oksentyuk I wouldn't expect back.

Gretz is also currently 19, won't turn 20 until late November. Would he count towards an OA? I know he was super young when drafted.

I thought Cavallin was turning a corner late the last season, would love to see him in uniform.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Oksentyuk I wouldn't expect back.

Gretz is also currently 19, won't turn 20 until late November. Would he count towards an OA? I know he was super young when drafted.

I thought Cavallin was turning a corner late the last season, would love to see him in uniform.

Gretz would be an OA, yeah. 2001 born people

Reactions: MJ5

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
It think you left out Morgan for an OA as well.

Cavallin as an OA. Keppen - Questionable (ATO with Canuaks AHL team), Morgan as an OA. Gretz - Questionable (Injury history), Pierce - Probably Not (production).

My opinion for OA. Especially with Oksentyuk not returning as his return would take up two spots (1 OA and 1 Import).

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

Cavallin as an OA. Keppen - Questionable (ATO with Canuaks AHL team), Morgan as an OA. Gretz - Questionable (Injury history), Pierce - Probably Not (production).

My opinion for OA. Especially with Oksentyuk not returning as his return would take up two spots (1 OA and 1 Import).
Good catch. I will update the list above.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Piercey was pretty good in Flint. 21 points in 27 games. I wouldn't be opposed to Morgan, Cavallin, Piercey. I'd take Keppen over Piercey, but as you pointed out with the ATO, his next games could be at a higher level.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Piercy was born ‘02.
I can see the firebirds can start the season with four OAs; Morgan, Pierce, Gretz, & Cavillon.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Piercy was born ‘02.
I can see the firebirds can start the season with four OAs; Morgan, Pierce, Gretz, & Cavillon.
I forgot about Emmett, I was thinking Pierce was Piercey with a typo. :laugh:

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020

Othmann
Kressler
Panwar
Hayes
Giroux
Piercey
Kuzmin
Terry
Petrou
Lombardi
Nixon
Deline
Grainer
Harper, etc

*Plus potential OA’s like (Morgan, Oksentyuk, Keppen, Cavallin, Gretz, Pierce)
They also signed their 5th round pick dman from Vaughan. Younger brother of Erie kid. Damato.

Reactions: TcNorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad