Flint Firebirds 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
This is what she told me a month and a half ago when I paid for my season tickets and asked about my unused playoff tickets.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I've never been to a game in Flint in person. I thought the arena looked pretty nice for an OHL arena on TV though. What other upgrades are they doing?
If you are from Canada you may not know what the Palace is? The Palace of Auburn Hills was the home of he NBA’s Detroit Pistons in a Detroit Suburb and seated about 21,000.

Reactions: sbpointer

CCFirebirds

Nov 11, 2020
Davison, MI
If they were unused season tickets, I was told there will be nothing for the couple of cancelled games.

They tried to offset those couple games with all the discounts, and free parking etc.

Now if you bought single game tickets for one of those last couple, you absolutely should be getting something for them.

That's totally different from what she told me when I put my deposit down for regular season tickets.

I planned on getting my playoff tickets that weekend they axed everything.

I have like 16 unused tickets from where I traded unused season tickets I had for tickets to be used at that last Saginaw game.

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Picked up the commerative seats on Friday. Got a peak at the arena. New seats look very nice. All are 1 color instead of the blue/red combination. About 80% complete with the new seats going in. All of the old seats are out. Also, looks like two large video boards are being installed in the lobby.

Jeremy mentioned there were other things goin on as well and we would be surprised when the games are played.

Has anyone gotten the masks on a side note? Are they nice? Placed an order for these today as well.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Picked up the commerative seats on Friday. Got a peak at the arena. New seats look very nice. All are 1 color instead of the blue/red combination. About 80% complete with the new seats going in. All of the old seats are out. Also, looks like two large video boards are being installed in the lobby.

Jeremy mentioned there were other things goin on as well and we would be surprised when the games are played.

Has anyone gotten the masks on a side note? Are they nice? Placed an order for these today as well.
I may have missed it. What color are the seats?

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Seats are black. They are seats from the palace the were installed new there in 2015-2017. McMorran in Port Huron got 3000 of them as well. here's a pic of 3 from McMorran. Port Huron gets 3,000-seat donation from Palace of Auburn Hills for McMorran Arena[

Also got my 2 commerative seats. Even got the seat numbers that i had plus the row letter seeing as how i had an end seat. Though it was a nice jester to give them free to season tic holders. Thought the new seats looked awesome. Asked to take a pic but they wouldnt let me. They wanted to save it for the reveal.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
If you are from Canada you may not know what the Palace is? The Palace of Auburn Hills was the home of he NBA’s Detroit Pistons in a Detroit Suburb and seated about 21,000.

Actually it was a fairly well known arena. Even though Basketball is not one of my favourite sports most in Southwestern Ontario recognized the name. I know hindsight is always 20/20 but spending all that money on a major reno in 2015 - 2017 (roughly) and then closing and demolishing it 2-3 years later I’m sure was not the plans the owners had in mind? Good to see the valuables (in this case the seats) at least reused rather then going directly to a landfill somewhere.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think for COVID they should temporarily move US teams to Ontario and have them either share a rink or see other expansion options such as Chatham-Kent, Brantford, Cornwall, etc.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I think for COVID they should temporarily move US teams to Ontario and have them either share a rink or see other expansion options such as Chatham-Kent, Brantford, Cornwall, etc.
just speaking as a casual observer I see several passenger cars bearing Ontario and Quebec plates passing through Flint on I 69 every day. In fact it seems no less common that it would have been this time last year. It seems to me the concern in Canada for Covid exposure is not necessarily as great as some would have us think. Curious to know how many passenger cars bearing Michigan plates are seen on the 401 each day.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
just speaking as a casual observer I see several passenger cars bearing Ontario and Quebec plates passing through Flint on I 69 every day. In fact it seems no less common that it would have been this time last year. It seems to me the concern in Canada for Covid exposure is not necessarily as great as some would have us think. Curious to know how many passenger cars bearing Michigan plates are seen on the 401 each day.

I live in Winnipeg. I just follow CHL and NHL 24/7. What I also like to do is think of ways to improve it during this crazy time.

Reactions: Toldyaso

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Approx 10,000 "essential workers" cross into Michigan everyday to work. Mostly nurses, medical tech's and a few others who have had their job deemed essential. Just need to have hockey staff and players deemed essential.:)

Reactions: MJ5

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Picked up the commerative seats on Friday. Got a peak at the arena. New seats look very nice. All are 1 color instead of the blue/red combination. About 80% complete with the new seats going in. All of the old seats are out...
Curious...what did they do with the removable seats in the lower bowl area? Are they now the new black permanent seats as well?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

I did not know we had an affiliate. What does that exactly even mean?

The Gens have used Leamington as their affiliate for the last 2 seasons sending Ryan Gagnier, Adam Jeffrey and Ryan Polidori there. Not sure if this means the Gens are done with them or if both teams are using them as their affiliate this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad