dmitry kuzmin scored a sick lacrosse goal in a belarusian extraleague today

you are going to get some of the belarusian finest, that's for sure

Reactions: Toldyaso

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

Welp, hes the one guy I was really hoping would be back.

"Of note, OHL teams are currently permitted to carry four overage (20 year old) players on their roster to begin the regular season, with a limit of three able to dress in a game lineup. Prior to the trade, the Firebirds had eight overage players on their roster eligible for the upcoming season."

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017

"Of note, OHL teams are currently permitted to carry four overage (20 year old) players on their roster to begin the regular season, with a limit of three able to dress in a game lineup. Prior to the trade, the Firebirds had eight overage players on their roster eligible for the upcoming season."

Really only 4 OAs left now though right (Yule, Roberts, Busby and Lalonde)?

Dellandrea, McCourt and Tucker are signed so very likely gone and Morrison has no shot to be an OA

Reactions: TcNorth

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Wismer was gracious, but may have requested a trade with the shortened season, border issues, and the COVID virus. Hate to see him go.

Last edited:

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017

I am having issues confirming what the conditional pick is. Is it a conditional 15th that becomes a 4th if Wismer plays a game. Getting conflicting information from Kitchener and Flint releases.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
If there’s a season and he plays that’s not a great return for Jack. I could see him having a really strong season as an OA. There’s another route I would have preferred to see them go. I think this kind of shows that if a season happens, they won’t be going for anything. Which I’m fine with. Get serious and start to build something special around Othmann, Kressler and the kids. It will be a shame not to get to see so many special Firebirds not get a chance to make a run (as Firebirds) but it is what it is.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
If there’s a season and he plays that’s not a great return for Jack. I could see him having a really strong season as an OA. There’s another route I would have preferred to see them go. I think this kind of shows that if a season happens, they won’t be going for anything. Which I’m fine with. Get serious and start to build something special around Othmann, Kressler and the kids. It will be a shame not to get to see so many special Firebirds not get a chance to make a run (as Firebirds) but it is what it is.

If Flint does decide to sell and build around the Kressler/Othmann crop, I could see the Gens being all over a guy like Keppen or Morgan

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
A 4th round for Wismer seems awfully light. The pandemic has changed things, but I do not see Flint going into rebuild mode.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
A 4th round for Wismer seems awfully light. The pandemic has changed things, but I do not see Flint going into rebuild mode.

Not a rebuild, I think that implies having not many good young players and starting from scratch, but I would think a re-tool in the sense they build around the Othmann/Kressler group. Do you agree with that? What's a projected lineup look like going into this season

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Not a rebuild, I think that implies having not many good young players and starting from scratch, but I would think a re-tool in the sense they build around the Othmann/Kressler group. Do you agree with that? What's a projected lineup look like going into this season

100%

Depending on how the season unfolds, could see them be sellers as well at the deadline for some guys.

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
100%

Depending on how the season unfolds, could see them be sellers as well at the deadline for some guys.

Yeah, could see them being like the Gens were the last couple years and trade a Keppen type who likely won't be back (Noel) but also go and buy a 2 or 3 year player (Stepien/Tomasino)

Reactions: TcNorth

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
Flint will have a strong young group moving forward comprising of 2002s-2004s. Flint drafts well. Yes some of them dont report, but they still hit on picks. Hayes and the 04 group should be deep and strong for years to come. Hearing good things about their 03 signing also.

This year with only 4 teams in each conference making the playoffs and only 40 games, GMs will have to make a decision pre season whether they will go for it or just wait for next year. If you have teams like Soo, London, Saginaw, Windsor in the running, Flint may have to bow down this year and consider trading OAs at the deadline, whenever that is and strengthen for future and build around core group.

This past year the team was built for a long run, but losing Popovich, Tucker, Delandrea, Durham, McCourt, Koly has implied building for future. JMO

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
My guess is
McCourt, Lalonde and Roberts as OA’s.
Busby and Wismer moved to teams close to there hometowns.
My guess wasn’t to far off. Didn’t see McCourt signing a deal this year. Thought next year for sure. Lalonde, Robert’s and Busby. Good Group!
Certainly hoping there is a season.
I have to agree time to pick a group 03 and start building and selling assets.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Something like this? Expect another couple of trades.

Petrou R
Hayes R
Keppen
Roberts OA
Morgan
Orthmann
Oksentyuk Import
Kressler
Piercey
Pierce
Giroux
Lombardi

Busby OA
Lalonde OA
Gretz
Kuzmin R Import
Deline
Harper
D'Amato R
Terry

Cavallin
Greiner
Nixon R

Generalsupdates, not sure of the line combinations, but I think this has the makings of a pretty competitive team, provided everyone shows back up and the big names are not traded. However, who knows what will happen with the pandemic, but Orthmann, Morgan, Roberts, Kressler, Oksentyuk, Piercy, Busby, Lalonde, Hayes, Kuzmin, and Cavallin is a pretty strong nucleus. Memorial Cup Contender? Probably still missing a few pieces,

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Any season Ticket holders get the email about your commemorative original upper bowl seat?
Dear Firebirds Season Ticket Holders & Sponsors,

We hope this email finds both you and your family healthy and doing well. We’ve been busy throughout the pandemic upgrading our facility to improve your experience at the Dort Financial Center!

Part of our renovations includes replacing the seating at the Center. For a limited time, we are offering our 2020-21 Firebirds season ticket holders the opportunity to own a piece of Flint Hockey history and secure a complimentary, collectable, upper bowl stadium seat. A limited number of complimentary seats are available and will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis.

All you need to secure your commemorative seat is a deposit for your ’20-’21 Firebirds season ticket, one complimentary seat per season ticket. Additional seats can be purchased for $25-$50 based on the style. If you have not yet renewed your seat for the upcoming season, you can do so by contacting Flint Firebirds Director of Ticketing Mary Nagy by email at [email protected] or call (810) 875-6071.

For additional details or to schedule a pick-up time, please email Dort Financial Center General Manager and Flint Firebirds Team President Jeremy Torrey at [email protected].

We’re very excited about all of the renovations taking place at the Dort Financial Center and can’t wait for you to see it.

We miss you Firebirds Nation!

- The Flint Firebirds Hockey Club

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I've never been to a game in Flint in person. I thought the arena looked pretty nice for an OHL arena on TV though. What other upgrades are they doing?
No idea but I knew about this one a while ago.They got the new seats from the Palace several months ago before it was demoed and this were basically brand new. The ones they are giving away are the original seats from when the place first opened 50 years ago.

Reactions: sbpointer

FirebirdsFan21

Nov 25, 2017
Any word on refunds for unused tickets form last year?

Nothing concrete. Same thing on season tickets with a shortened season if it happens. Cost per seat should be lower. And if fans can be in attendance. My guess is we will not hear anything until the end of the year or early Jan 2021.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
When I spoke to mary Nagy I asked about the playoff tickets i had from last year and she said hang on to all the unused tickets and you will be able to exchange them for extra tickets like we do with our unused tickets during the regular season.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

If they were unused season tickets, I was told there will be nothing for the couple of cancelled games.

They tried to offset those couple games with all the discounts, and free parking etc.

Now if you bought single game tickets for one of those last couple, you absolutely should be getting something for them.

When I spoke to mary Nagy I asked about the playoff tickets i had from last year and she said hang on to all the unused tickets and you will be able to exchange them for extra tickets like we do with our unused tickets during the regular season.

That's totally different from what she told me when I put my deposit down for regular season tickets.

I planned on getting my playoff tickets that weekend they axed everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad