Flint Firebirds 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Saw some of this leaking yesterday afternoon, so I called and put my deposit down. :laugh::laugh:

If they limit crowds, hoping its season ticket holders only.
Put my deposit down week before they shutdown. Haven't heard a thing from the Firebirds so far on what to do now.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Put my deposit down week before they shutdown. Haven't heard a thing from the Firebirds so far on what to do now.

When I called yesterday they were in a wait and see approach.

Once they have a plan, they will be reaching out with emails and phone calls.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
When I called yesterday they were in a wait and see approach.

Once they have a plan, they will be reaching out with emails and phone calls.
Yeah, same thing Mary told me about a month ago when I asked her about things. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t risking losing my seats and didn’t miss a call or email. I’m still not 100% confident it’ll actually go down with a 64 game schedule starting Dec 1 with home and away games in the States and Canada. I guess we’ll see but I’m ready for some hockey even if I gotta be wrapped in a Tyvek suit and a gas mask.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Just got an E-mail from Birds that the balance of my season ticks is past due. Was due the 5th. Anyone else get this. Not giving them anymore money until they figure out what they are going to do. They still owe me money for playoff ticks and 4 season ticks from last season.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Just got an E-mail from Birds that the balance of my season ticks is past due. Was due the 5th. Anyone else get this. Not giving them anymore money until they figure out what they are going to do. They still owe me money for playoff ticks and 4 season ticks from last season.

I did not, but I also didn't pay my deposit until last week.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Ok talked to a Mary Nagy today. If you did get this e-mail there is no payoff deadline at the moment. You can make payments or pay it off if you want. You can also just wait to see what happens. You probably want to put down a deposit though.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJ5 and Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Well, it looks like the MAC and Big10 now, are canceling their football seasons. I just find it unlikely that the OHL is going to be able to pull this off while involving both the US and Canada.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Well, it looks like the MAC and Big10 now, are canceling their football seasons. I just find it unlikely that the OHL is going to be able to pull this off while involving both the US and Canada.
Would like to disagree with you and say there will be a season. I cant though. Think you are right.

sudburydinnerjacket

May 28, 2019
Would like to disagree with you and say there will be a season. I cant though. Think you are right.
Difference being you can play hockey in the fall, winter and spring/summer which gives much more flexibility. I do think a 64 game season is a pipe dream.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
one of your 3 that you keep
That is a tough call “the dog”. We have five quality overagers (2 right wingers and 3 defenseman). I think Flint will try to trade two of the five. I think we will keep 2 of the “D” and either Connor Roberts or Jack Wismer.

Last edited:
Reactions: the dog

Smu fan

Jan 4, 2020
My guess is
McCourt, Lalonde and Roberts as OA’s.
Busby and Wismer moved to teams close to there hometowns.

Reactions: TcNorth

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit

Good to see a former Firebirds/Whalers coach after spending a fair bit of time with Carolina Hurricanes.

Can't see what was supposed to be loaded, but I am guessing its about Velluchi. Its great to hear him rise thru the ranks and should get a shot at being a HC somewhere in the NHL soon. He was a great part of the success of the Plymouth teams. He got set up by Karmanos with promotions after the Whalers were sold.

Interesting tidbit about coaching in the Metro Detroit area. Current Tampa Assistant Derek Lalonde, helped make the Toledo Walleye into a ECHL powerhouse before moving on. And we all know about current associate coach of the Islanders, John Gruden.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Can't see what was supposed to be loaded, but I am guessing its about Velluchi. Its great to hear him rise thru the ranks and should get a shot at being a HC somewhere in the NHL soon. He was a great part of the success of the Plymouth teams. He got set up by Karmanos with promotions after the Whalers were sold.

Interesting tidbit about coaching in the Metro Detroit area. Current Tampa Assistant Derek Lalonde, helped make the Toledo Walleye into a ECHL powerhouse before moving on. And we all know about current associate coach of the Islanders, John Gruden.

JP, yes Vellucci was a great coach for the Whalers years and the link referred to MV was always a talent coach for when the time he was running the Whalers organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad