Flint Firebirds 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I don't see Ty returning. I think he will stay in Texas.
He can't. He has to stay up with Dallas or be returned next year. No AHL or ECHL until his OHL season is over. There's still a slim chance he sticks in Dallas but he's got 1g 1a in 8 games in the AHL and I thought I was told the goal was a penalty shot so.......1 assist in 8 AHL games doesn't scream NHL next year.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
He can't. He has to stay up with Dallas or be returned next year. No AHL or ECHL until his OHL season is over. There's still a slim chance he sticks in Dallas but he's got 1g 1a in 8 games in the AHL and I thought I was told the goal was a penalty shot so.......1 assist in 8 AHL games doesn't scream NHL next year.

I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
He can play up to 10 games with Dallas then has to be sent back to Juniors. If he plays any more than that, he has to stay with them for the remainder of the season. Same situation that London had going on with Bouchard (Edmonton) and Boqvist (Chicago) this year. I believe he can be recalled by Dallas beyond 10 games on an emergency manpower basis only.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
He can play up to 10 games with Dallas then has to be sent back to Juniors. If he plays any more than that, he has to stay with them for the remainder of the season. Same situation that London had going on with Bouchard (Edmonton) and Boqvist (Chicago) this year. I believe he can be recalled by Dallas beyond 10 games on an emergency manpower basis only.
He can still be sent back anytime after the 9 games...just burns a year off his entry level contract if he plays more than 9 games

Reactions: Firebrd828

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
He can still be sent back anytime after the 9 games...just burns a year off his entry level contract if he plays more than 9 games
Yeah, and I can't think of even one instance where a team was willing to burn that year of contract. They can healthy scratch him and stretch those 9 games out though. I also think there's a REALLY good chance Ty's wearing Red, White and Black for a couple weeks around New Years. There have been times with Ty where I was really concerned he'd make the Stars at 19 and other times thought he could use and would be returned to the OHL for another year. With one goal and one assist in 8 games in Texas, I'm not overly concerned he'll make the Dallas roster next year but I am aware that there's more to Ty's game than offensive numbers and he could have a really good camp. I could probably take a look at Dallas and Texas' roster depth and contract situations and get a better idea. Maybe just as simple as dipping into the Dallas threads here.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Yeah, and I can't think of even one instance where a team was willing to burn that year of contract. They can healthy scratch him and stretch those 9 games out though. I also think there's a REALLY good chance Ty's wearing Red, White and Black for a couple weeks around New Years. There have been times with Ty where I was really concerned he'd make the Stars at 19 and other times thought he could use and would be returned to the OHL for another year. With one goal and one assist in 8 games in Texas, I'm not overly concerned he'll make the Dallas roster next year but I am aware that there's more to Ty's game than offensive numbers and he could have a really good camp. I could probably take a look at Dallas and Texas' roster depth and contract situations and get a better idea. Maybe just as simple as dipping into the Dallas threads here.
I think right now he hasn't put up the numbers as he is still trying to catch his bearings with the different calibre of game. Once he is around players game in and out with same or higher calibre, I have no doubt he will succeed.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
If you think a post violates the site rules, report it and move in. Responding creates more work for the moderators trying to keep the peace.

Reactions: MJ5

RedRover

Apr 4, 2019
My biggest injury concern on the team is probably Ty. He just has a habit of not protecting himself when he's got the puck and already missed some games with a concussion. That's just not one you can risk.

I have to agree. I believe there was a hit that he took in the Guelph game that was brutal, as well as the last game when he went into the boards hard in Sarnia. Those two were the worst from what I recall, but in saying that, there were also minor ones he took over the coarse of the season as well and let's face it they all add up!!

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I have to agree. I believe there was a hit that he took in the Guelph game that was brutal, as well as the last game when he went into the boards hard in Sarnia. Those two were the worst from what I recall, but in saying that, there were also minor ones he took over the coarse of the season as well and let's face it they all add up!!
Yeah, would just like to see him a little more aware and cautious in the neutral zone and when he enters the offensive zone with speed and cuts from the boards towards center ice.

Reactions: RedRover

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Seems my comments offended some people. The branches must control the threads
I read it. Agreed with some parts of it, disagreed with other parts, but didn't see anything that made it worthy of being purged.:huh:
Anyway...welcome to our discussions.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Getsit, you are welcome to post anytime. I have never agreed with anyone here all the time nor them with me. Post away.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Not that it matters, but about a week and a half or two ago, someone said Brennan Othmann and family were visiting Flint and he was welcomed on the big electronic board on I-69. Then this past Saturday he and his family were supposedly in Flint again after the draft in Toronto which they attended. Do you think all the videos we saw from Saturday and the family touring the Dort were actually from a couple of weeks ago? Wow! Way too much time on my hands tonight with my son and wife already sleeping.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Not that it matters, but about a week and a half or two ago, someone said Brennan Othmann and family were visiting Flint and he was welcomed on the big electronic board on I-69. Then this past Saturday he and his family were supposedly in Flint again after the draft in Toronto which they attended. Do you think all the videos we saw from Saturday and the family touring the Dort were actually from a couple of weeks ago? Wow! Way too much time on my hands tonight with my son and wife already sleeping.

Well unless they had the local news stations do interviews and hold them until he was actually drafted, I would assume he was in town.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

What were you posting? Not showing up? I'm assuming this......could be wrong tho.

Also Flint selects a goalie in the U-18.

Didn't Sudbury take a goalie last year that played a few games for them? Another body in the mix for the rookie camp? Do the U18 kids participate in the rookie camp?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
What were you posting? Not showing up? I'm assuming this......could be wrong tho.

Didn't Sudbury take a goalie last year that played a few games for them? Another body in the mix for the rookie camp? Do the U18 kids participate in the rookie camp?

Was the goalie pick

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Was the goalie pick

I like it. Hopefully the U-18 picks participate in rookie camp (I can't remember if they do or not).

Not that many have had success, but its another body for competition.

Christian Linton 2018
Chase Clark 2018
Aidan Pitre 2017

Reactions: LDN

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I like it. Hopefully the U-18 picks participate in rookie camp (I can't remember if they do or not).

Not that many have had success, but its another body for competition.

Christian Linton 2018
Chase Clark 2018
Aidan Pitre 2017
They could still pick an import goalie too

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015

U18 players were invited to the Firebirds Orientation Camp last April 2018..

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
"Jokes aside, Flint is gonna be lethal next season"
found this online.

Not quite the way I'd have and missing a couple bodies I'd have probably have up there. Might want to count on an Import too. Still, they should take the org from the owner and shut it down, go defunct. I like the goalie pick. Depth there never hurts and often goalies develop later anyway. Feel bad for Windsor. It does not look good.
Edit-Just one OA on that list too. There will be better options there than last year at decent prices.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad