Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
The SHARPEST part of that "axe" is still around. Why is Nilsen not in self control of this franchise?...he will NEVER get back this franchise. Time is running out...either a new owner or new city for this franchise....the OHL is not going to run this team forever. When it happens and doesn't go the way you want it to, maybe then you will realize how much you all were suckered.
Yet I’m sure you’re at every game too...or don’t you go now that your work or the abundance of NHL Scouts/Front Office people you know don’t splurge tickets for you?

Reactions: jprenkert

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Heard they were moving to Palm Springs and moving up to AHL level so #4 can play... ask the concession working walking around with the beer. He's never steered me wrong.

Reactions: Toldyaso

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Neilli's original message/point still stands but in my opinion, a line had been crossed into trolling and messages were removed. When messages are removed, any post that quoted a deleted post must be removed as well.

Myself and most moderators would rather not take action, it just creates more work for us. But if you violate site rules with your posts, they will be removed.

Back to talking hockey now.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Okay, I'm bringing this up again. I'm kinda fascinated by it, because I don't think I've ever seen it happen before...Evan Morrison is back on the Firebirds roster, and no longer on the Guelph roster. Was the kid traded for himself for one night so that he could serve as the backup goaltender for Guelph when Flint played them last week??? Odd.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Okay, I'm bringing this up again. I'm kinda fascinated by it, because I don't think I've ever seen it happen before...Evan Morrison is back on the Firebirds roster, and no longer on the Guelph roster. Was the kid traded for himself for one night so that he could serve as the backup goaltender for Guelph when Flint played them last week??? Odd.

It sure sounds like it.

Haven't looked at the Guelph board in awhile. They say anything over there?

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
He may have been on loan - it has happened a few times in pre-season but I have never seen it in the regular season?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Seems like there would be rules in place that would prevent that. Guess George and Barclay are getting a little too friendly in their trade dealings. Maybe Guelph could loan us a couple kids for the postseason since they probably won't be using them in April-May. Canada-Russia series rosters are out. Thurs Nov 7 and Mon Nov 11. Ty is playing in both games. No other Firebirds selected. Little surprised Busby isn't in one of the games. Little surprised Jordan Kooy is in one of the games. World U17 rosters are out. Nov 2-9 in Medicine Hat. Flint one of four teams with two players selected in Othmann and Kressler. Not surprised. Flint plays Sarnia on Nov 1 who will be missing Ben Gaudreau and Barrie on Nov 2 who will be missing Brandt Clarke. Nov 8 it's Missy who will be missing Ethan Del Mastro and Thomas Harley. Nov 9 is the Soo who will be missing Jacob Holmes and possibly Ryan O'Rourke but I fully expect O'Rourke back as he only plays the Nov 7 contest in Kitchener. I have not looked up the WJC schedule yet but their likely to be missing Ty after the Christmas break for awhile. Home games bold- SARNIA, WINDSOR, Windsor, OSHAWA, LONDON, Saginaw, SAGINAW and WINDSOR are the games he'd miss for that. Oshawa and London likely to also have players missing for WJC, not sure about the others. Also....I don't know what Belarus is doing either. Did they qualify for WJC this year or is there a WJC 2 tourney for them? Flint could be losing Koly and Oksentyuk for a stretch too. Might be nice to have Kyle Harris or Owen Power types on the roster come Dec-Jan.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Seems like there would be rules in place that would prevent that. Guess George and Barclay are getting a little too friendly in their trade dealings. Maybe Guelph could loan us a couple kids for the postseason since they probably won't be using them in April-May. Canada-Russia series rosters are out. Thurs Nov 7 and Mon Nov 11. Ty is playing in both games. No other Firebirds selected. Little surprised Busby isn't in one of the games. Little surprised Jordan Kooy is in one of the games. World U17 rosters are out. Nov 2-9 in Medicine Hat. Flint one of four teams with two players selected in Othmann and Kressler. Not surprised. Flint plays Sarnia on Nov 1 who will be missing Ben Gaudreau and Barrie on Nov 2 who will be missing Brandt Clarke. Nov 8 it's Missy who will be missing Ethan Del Mastro and Thomas Harley. Nov 9 is the Soo who will be missing Jacob Holmes and possibly Ryan O'Rourke but I fully expect O'Rourke back as he only plays the Nov 7 contest in Kitchener. I have not looked up the WJC schedule yet but their likely to be missing Ty after the Christmas break for awhile. Home games bold- SARNIA, WINDSOR, Windsor, OSHAWA, LONDON, Saginaw, SAGINAW and WINDSOR are the games he'd miss for that. Oshawa and London likely to also have players missing for WJC, not sure about the others. Also....I don't know what Belarus is doing either. Did they qualify for WJC this year or is there a WJC 2 tourney for them? Flint could be losing Koly and Oksentyuk for a stretch too. Might be nice to have Kyle Harris or Owen Power types on the roster come Dec-Jan.

believe it’s called division 1A, with winner or top 2 moving up to WJC following year?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Oh man. So Belarus is in the Division 1A tourney with the chance to move up to the 2021 top division. Which Koly will still be eligible for and the 1A tourney bracket they're in this year is playing in Minsk....so probably no Koly and Oksentyuk for early Dec games Barrie, Sudbury, North Bay, SAGINAW and Saginaw. So they're looking at playing short quite a bit in Nov-early Jan.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Oh man. So Belarus is in the Division 1A tourney with the chance to move up to the 2021 top division. Which Koly will still be eligible for and the 1A tourney bracket they're in this year is playing in Minsk....so probably no Koly and Oksentyuk for early Dec games Barrie, Sudbury, North Bay, SAGINAW and Saginaw. So they're looking at playing short quite a bit in Nov-early Jan.
...the price you pay for gettin’ good!

Reactions: dirty12

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Dear Rolf,

The beautiful banners that once looked so nice on the outside of the arena have exceeded their lifespan. Only one of them even still hangs, and it has become sun-faded, tattered, and ragged. The hardware that the other two used to hang from is unsightly. It’s time to either replace all three with beautiful new banners, or remove the remaining one and the other hardware. As they are now, they now longer enhance the on-ice product, but rather detract from it.

Sincerely,
Firebird Nation

Reactions: MJ5 and Gensdef
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->