Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Evan Morrison’s name is no longer on the roster.

They (the Firebirds) had better hope that Popovich stays healthy. This team thus far early in the season has shown that they play a whole lot better DEFENSIVELY when Anthony is the Goaltender.

POPOVICH - 2.73 GAA & .911 Save % - Ranked 3rd in the OHL

CAVALLIN - 6.01 GAA & .838 Save % - Ranked 24th in the OHL

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Cavallin still appears rusty. However, we are going to need him. It is a long season. He needs to get that GAA down to the 3.50 range.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Cavallin still appears rusty. However, we are going to need him. It is a long season. He needs to get that GAA down to the 3.50 range.
The team needs to step up and play with confidence when he is between the pipes. When that happens he plays well. However, I am sure he feels like a second fiddle when they brought in Pop.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
They (the Firebirds) had better hope that Popovich stays healthy. This team thus far early in the season has shown that they play a whole lot better DEFENSIVELY when Anthony is the Goaltender.

Oh good, you found something else to be negative about.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015

They have another signed goalie who looks as good as Morrison. Still drinking the straight lemon juice I see. Better hope the don't forget to pay the electric bill at the Dort. :rolleyes:

Reactions: icuwoot and Gensdef

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The team needs to step up and play with confidence when he is between the pipes. When that happens he plays well. However, I am sure he feels like a second fiddle when they brought in Pop.
Popovich is performing very well. All Cavallin needs to do is start performing up to his 2nd round draft status. We have yet to see that on a consistent basis.

Reactions: domi55us

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Oh good, you found something else to be negative about.

You WANT negativity......88-159 over the past four seasons...that is a FACT.

It's way over due that this franchise show some improvement, they didn't get their 5th win until game 37 on December 29 last year...that is also a FACT.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint

It's way over due that this franchise show some improvement, they didn't get their 5th win until game 37 on December 29 last year...that is also a FACT.

5-2-0 That's all I am worried about.

It doesn't matter whats going on, you just wanna put a negative spin on everything. Everyone gets it, you hate this franchise. Your agenda is so old and worn out.

:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse

Life is boring when you have to play Wisconsin, Penn State and Ohio State.

I actually feel sorry for you. I know some miserable people on the internet, but you take the cake. You need a hug or something?

OhTayy

Sep 28, 2019

Attendance is up 15% vs the first 3 home games last year.

The team has scored 20 more goals through 7 games than last season.

The team has allowed 16 less goals through 7 games than last season.

They have 5 wins literally 2 1/2 months before last season, as you said yourself. What more improvement do you want?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I am enjoying this free heating this time of year from all the Hot Air that is being blown. At what point are we going to dig deep and complain about how the TP in the stalls isnt Cottonelle and bothers the 'roids during intermission?

How bout show support to these kids as they work to grow into adults and professionals. Some people on here really sound like a scorned ex employee or someone who has an axe to grind against the organization.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
I am enjoying this free heating this time of year from all the Hot Air that is being blown. At what point are we going to dig deep and complain about how the TP in the stalls isnt Cottonelle and bothers the 'roids during intermission?

How bout show support to these kids as they work to grow into adults and professionals. Some people on here really sound like a scorned ex employee or someone who has an axe to grind against the organization.

Can't be much of that axe left if you ask me.

Reactions: jprenkert

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Can't be much of that axe left if you ask me.

The SHARPEST part of that "axe" is still around. Why is Nilsen not in self control of this franchise?...he will NEVER get back this franchise. Time is running out...either a new owner or new city for this franchise....the OHL is not going to run this team forever. When it happens and doesn't go the way you want it to, maybe then you will realize how much you all were suckered.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
The SHARPEST part of that "axe" is still around. Why is Nilsen not in self control of this franchise?...he will NEVER get back this franchise. Time is running out...either a new owner or new city for this franchise....the OHL is not going to run this team forever. When it happens and doesn't go the way you want it to, maybe then you will realize how much you all were suckered.

Suckered? Please tell me how I've been suckered.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I hope people understand that some teams go thru "Bad" times, from college(U of M football&basketball/junior (any team in OHL after going all in for a year or two)leagues all the way to Major league (Ottawa Sens/Edmonton/Vancouver). Things seem to be on the uptick for Flint and it is great to see. Other outlets seem to be noticing, which is also good.
Stats are stats and will change. Looking at a sample size over 7-8 games is a snap shot for that stretch, not actually talent level. Time will tell, but future seems promising for this team and hope one day we can have a Saginaw/Flint Conference Final or some playoff match up.

Reactions: Toldyaso

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
What has Hakan done that has caused you to think/believe this? What is so mysterious about what he did? Not pose for a picture? Return a phone call? Dine and Dash? There has been no fire, no burnt wood, no smell, nothing, to all the smoke being sent from the assumed large opening just below the breathing apparatus.

Without knowing what he has been perceived to do, everyone thinks someone is whipping them 'roids with some lemon and Franks red hot and salt.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Attendance is up 15% vs the first 3 home games last year.

The team has scored 20 more goals through 7 games than last season.

The team has allowed 16 less goals through 7 games than last season.

They have 5 wins literally 2 1/2 months before last season, as you said yourself. What more improvement do you want?
A couple good crowds so far. The next 2 Saturday's will be tough with Michigan Football at 7:30 against Penn State and Notre Dame. They need to suck it up though and protect the home ice.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Well It's pretty clear Rolf does not think that is the case I Doh No. Someone has opened up the check book and while Rolf cannot be involved in running the team he has complete control of the budget. Not really the behavior of a business man about to be shut out. It's clear he seems to think he is getting the team back and they cannot keep it from him for much longer without violating their own decision on his suspension so yup there it is again. That noisy empty barrel sound.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Just a reminder that posters who display "negativity", however annoying to some, are not breaking forum rules. Please do not conflate "negativity" with "trolling".

-MODS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad