Flint Firebirds 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
You should join them. You'd definitely fit in with Saginaw fans.

OPEN your EYES tonight at the Dort and see all the empty seats while asking yourself why haven't the Firebirds done what the Spirit are doing in getting "fannies" into the seats.

One club offers an excuse for the attendance while another club offers complimentary admittance to recognize and support the members of the UAW....this is a NO "Brainer" Savard... If Flint had an ownership Group as they do in Saginaw, the past five years would have DEFINITELY been a whole lot better than it has been.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
OPEN your EYES tonight at the Dort and see all the empty seats while asking yourself why haven't the Firebirds done what the Spirit are doing in getting "fannies" into the seats.

One club offers an excuse for the attendance while another club offers complimentary admittance to recognize and support the members of the UAW....this is a NO "Brainer" Savard... If Flint had an ownership Group as they do in Saginaw, the past five years would have DEFINITELY been a whole lot better than it has been.
I know. I wish we had a grand total of TWO regular season banners hanging in the building after 20+ years. I wish we had ONE trip past the second round in 20+ years. I wish we had picked Blade Jenkins ahead of Ty Dellandrea. Or Nick Porco ahead of Ethan Keppen. I wish we were sitting our 1st round pick who we picked ahead of Braeden Kressler. Theyre GIVING AWAY tickets. They're also finding out they're a mediocre team unless they add a D a couple forwards and possibly a goaltender. Which will put them right about where Kingston is now. If there's one thing I'm certain of, it's that I'm glad to have not wasted 2 decades being a fan of a team that's accomplished nothing.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
Can't find any disagreement with you Savard. The Saginaw franchise does a GREAT job touting the the clubs potential...and then we see up close and the disconnect appears.

The three great American saviors were to lead us to the promised land, one is gone and the other two...meh. Our new goalie better than the old one...meh. Not a true center on the team...one RH defenseman. Players playing out of position, one wanting out. At the beginning of the season we were told this is THE year. Smoke and mirrors.

Nice gesture to invite the UAW in for free, but that will sell concessions and show. Wed night there were far less than 1K at the loss to the Petes.

Last edited:

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
But but but no one wants to come here

Players want to go to teams that win. Flint is a much better situation for Lalonde as he looks to get exposure for an NHL contract.

I hope things work out for him and the team. Branch gave up an a massive haul to get him, similar to what elite players got at the deadline last year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Sweet! A vet RD was needed to be legit contenders.
Koly-Busby
McCourt-Lalonde
Gretz-Harper
Deline
Bangs
That’s an impressive mix of left and right D.

Such a great benefit for Flint & Guelph to have directors of player personnel with over a dozen years working together running teams going in the opposite direction the last two seasons.

Too bad for me it’s thanksgiving weekend, firebirds vs petes would definitely be a game my dad & I would watch over the NHL game(s) that will be on with relatives.

Last edited:

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
You notice someone hasn't had much to say lately?
bwelk someone did drop in to tell us how Saginaw was going to get more butts in the seats tonight than Flint by......wait for it.......

.... giving away free tickets. a lot of free tickets.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
That was expensive!
VERY. Lalonde just became the most expensive 2nd pairing 19yo in the league. He's good. It's an upgrade for this year and probably next but I definitely don't value him 3 2nd's and a 5th more than Bianconi. I guess they're all in for this year now. Not sure they're ready but it is what it is. Time to fill that OA spot with a high end forward and then look to add another piece or two. Can't half ass it now.

Reactions: MJ5

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
bwelk someone did drop in to tell us how Saginaw was going to get more butts in the seats tonight than Flint by......wait for it.......

.... giving away free tickets. a lot of free tickets.

Yeah. Hilarious.

Some people just don't get it.

Reactions: dirty12

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Can't find any disagreement with you Savard. The Saginaw franchise does a GREAT job touting the the clubs potential...and then we see up close and the disconnect appears.

The three great American saviors were to lead us to the promised land, one is gone and the other two...meh. Our new goalie better than the old one...meh. Not a true center on the team...one RH defenseman. Players playing out of position, one wanting out. At the beginning of the season we were told this is THE year. Smoke and mirrors.

Nice gesture to invite the UAW in for free, but that will sell concessions and show. Wed night there were far less than 1K at the loss to the Petes.
I don't deny Saginaw has improved at recruiting kids on both sides of the border. Or that Lennox is likely to find his game in the very near future. I just think if they're gonna go back after it this year, they need a few pieces and it'll cost them everything they have in the cupboard and then they'll be where Kingston is now or Erie has been for the last couple years and probably this one. I don't want to see Flint COMPLETELY bottom out like that and if they do there better be more than a regular season Division banner to hang y'know?

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
VERY. Lalonde just became the most expensive 2nd pairing 19yo in the league. He's good. It's an upgrade for this year and probably next but I definitely don't value him 3 2nd's and a 5th more than Bianconi. I guess they're all in for this year now. Not sure they're ready but it is what it is. Time to fill that OA spot with a high end forward and then look to add another piece or two. Can't half ass it now.

Maybe all they need is an all-round OA LW (Chenier?) to play with Dellandrea & Durham.
Pretty loaded ... OA goalie that has won, 3-1sts, 3-2nds, 2-3rds age 19 & 2 (1sts, 2nds, imports) age 18.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Flint’s Future Top Picks after today’s trade for Lalonde:

2nd. Sault Ste. Marie
3rd. Guelph

2nd Flint
3rd. Flint
3rd. Kitchner

3rd. Flint
3rd. Sudbury *

2nd. Flint
2nd. Hamilton
3rd. Flint

2nd. Flint
2nd. Hamilton *. (If Lalonde plays 1 game in OA season)
2nd. Guelph
3rd. Flint

Lalonde is decent, but I think we got fleeced.

Last edited:

OhTayy

Sep 28, 2019
STOP making excuses about attendance, whether it be the Lions, UM, MSU, Red Wings, Pistons, High School or UAW strike.

I guarantee you that Saginaw will outdraw Flint Saturday night......

BREAKING: Spirit welcome UAW workers Saturday complements of Garber Automotive Group - Saginaw Spirit

Saginaw 3401 (w/ free UAW member entry)
Flint 3140

I would say Flint more than held it's own. I wonder what the Firebirds would have drawn with free UAW tickets? I think they easily could have gotten 300+ more.

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
Great game by Flint. Decent crowd. Very enjoyable nite. Keep it up Birds!! Oh and N Da No please start backing up your statements up with facts not fiction.

Reactions: jprenkert
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->