Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I stood in line for 2 hours..line started at the back of the building..they need to make it for card members to come in and get the mail vie tickets/hockey vouchers and have a different day for all the kid stuff. Majority of my Wait was outside in that muggy heat..last 2 years when they’ve held it at Trillium I’ve waited 20 minutes max...mypatents wanted to go get theirs but weren’t going to wait on that crap
Yikes. No good. Was Torrey around? Wearing 3 different hats?

FireBird71

Aug 6, 2015
I know Nilsen was there along with 2 other players but I just wanted to get out of there

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Jan Jenik has played in a couple pre-season games for Liberec, seems unlikely that he plans to move to the OHL. Though I guess the final decision is on Arizona.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Jan Jenik has played in a couple pre-season games for Liberec, seems unlikely that he plans to move to the OHL. Though I guess the final decision is on Arizona.

Well that would be greatly disappointing to swing and miss on the #6 pick in the import draft.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Well that would be greatly disappointing to swing and miss on the #6 pick in the import draft.
Swinging and missing on the #6 Import Pick and the #22 Priority Selection Pick should be worth someone losing their job if this is what happens.

Reactions: hockeynorth and cub

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Branch has a record of drafting imports that don't report. At least you can say he has been consistent with something.

WJ

Reactions: cub

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Wow. They are leaving in droves. Papista, Christianson, Flache. Do they know something we don’t?

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Cub, not only Branch, but Rolf as well.

I feel for Flint, we had Burgess in Sudbury, when his son got on team it went downhill, but we got new ownership, so future looks bright.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I hope and pray that the good people at Flint bationally based Diplomat Pharmacy have been speaking with Rolf Nilsen and David Branch.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
OA Bobby Lynch, a Grand Blanc, MI, native, is said to not be reporting back to Drummondville in the Q, and wants to play in the OHL this year. The 6'2" winger was a point-per-game player last season. Possibly a Firebird???

Bobby Lynch at eliteprospects.com

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Right...why would anyone want to play a top-6 role on a team that looks to be much improved, and in your home town, to boot??? Nothing here for him.

I mean he is already on a line with Joe Velano and Maxime Comtois on a team that should push for the Q's spot in the Memorial Cup. So he must have a specific destination in mind. His agent is Igor Larionov and he is friends with Igor's son who plays in Windsor. More than likely that is his preferred destination.

Regardless, there's no incentive for the Q team to drop his rights and if they did he would have to pass though Q waivers before he could come to the O and would have to go through waivers here.

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
if u haven't heard, flint isn't the most desirable place to play
I think if you told most OHL kids that they could play for a team that is so close to home that they could actually live with their own family, they'd say that's pretty damn desirable.

Reactions: Savard18

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
I think the Firebirds are in a good position if he goes on the waiver wire as they can pick him ahead of Windsor and if he only wants to play for Windsor get Windsor to either cough up a good young player or a few picks. If not the Knights might be in the market as they have open OA spots and picks. I think Sudbury ,then the Petes and then the Firebirds if he comes to the OHL. That is how Shane Collins ended up in London via Barrie.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I think if you told most OHL kids that they could play for a team that is so close to home that they could actually live with their own family, they'd say that's pretty damn desirable.
He didn't have an issue CHOOSING to play in Flint in 14-15 for the Warriors in a DFCU Arena that was in much worse shape then than it is now. I'm not holding my breath but they've currently got a pretty weak group of OA's and could easily find a spot for him. I get the Veleno/Comtois/Drummondville argument but neither of them were drafted nearly as high as Dellandrea. It's not like there's just scrubs at F here. I don't know Windsor's OA potentials but I know Larionov is one of them. So him and little Igor would take up two spots.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I think the Firebirds are in a good position if he goes on the waiver wire as they can pick him ahead of Windsor and if he only wants to play for Windsor get Windsor to either cough up a good young player or a few picks. If not the Knights might be in the market as they have open OA spots and picks. I think Sudbury ,then the Petes and then the Firebirds if he comes to the OHL. That is how Shane Collins ended up in London via Barrie.[/QUOTE

Agents for a player especially a high profile one do have influence on where players may play especially if for example if said agent says to a team or more then hey I have clients in Europe interested in playing in North America,and say I can hook u up but you have to this player pass by,let him go where he wants to play and favor will be returned,if one thinks this doesn't happen dream on, and if I am a team I want to be on the good side of a influential agent or agents,no need to upset Apple cart when unnecessary
Besides teams do favors for each re these things all the time and that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad