Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I've had to miss two home games this year. 5-1 Sudbury W and then 3-2OT on Tropics Night. Undefeated without me in the house!!! Now tied with Kingston who are currently on a 14 game winless streak. Let's hope Shane Wright gets exceptional status and Flint can start shopping for the best 2003 in the draft. It does look like a tough draft class as far as recruiting and I'm not sure how the Niagara news is going to affect that.

billoink

Nov 18, 2013
Flint battling again for that last place finish with Kingston and the Shane Wright sweepstakes. Be smart this time around, don't loose another Byfield.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Flint battling again for that last place finish with Kingston and the Shane Wright sweepstakes. Be smart this time around, don't loose another Byfield.

They won't finish last. This team is much better then the record. The awful start just sealed their fate really early.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirty12

boknows

Oct 15, 2015
Although I am a fan of another OHL team, I have been following the Firebirds and this thread all season, more so than any other thread. Despite the horrendous start and issues faced, your team has worked hard and not given up. Tanking to get the first draft pick would have been easy but I respect your team more for its efforts to not be in the basement. I believe that Flint has 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the upcoming OHL draft so I wish you success in finding the right youngsters to push you forward.
I hope ýour fans and players continue to believe in the team and its future

Last edited:

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
I am proud of our guys for still working hard instead of tanking. Shows the character of these kids and the ability of the coaches to motivate them. Like MJ5 said they wont finish last. If it cost us 1# draft choice so be it. Management just has to make sure this time that the high picks will commit.

Last edited:

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Ferguson was a Turd.
Turd-Ferguson-300x300.jpg

digiblader

Nov 6, 2015
Flint's out of last! With the OT loss, Kingston is now all alone in the Shane Wright sweepstakes--and has a good shot of getting him, as the Fronts haven't won in a long time.

Reactions: three dog night

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Jeez. The Cody Morgan line. Congratulations on your first OHL hat trick kid. Flint is loving you on the roster. Can't help but continue to give praise to Keppen and Wismer too. I think the 'Birds will be good next year, and then they'll lose some guys but I really hope they start to focus on the '01 group. Morgan, Keppen, Vierling, Kolyachonok, Winterton, Deline, Pierce, Cavallin, Bianconi, Gretz, should all still be around. Possibly Uba, McCourt, Wismer, Busby and Roberts could be potential OA returnees. This year's top two picks should be good, add a top 6 Import. Potentially add Owen Power or a solid return for him.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
At #2; Clarke, Mactavish, Othmann, Lockhart ... that’s more than ok
I'm not sure on Othmann, just because I've read he doesn't have great acceleration or top end speed but the others will do fine. Possibly Little Winterton at #22 also.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I'm not sure on Othmann, just because I've read he doesn't have great acceleration or top end speed but the others will do fine. Possibly Little Winterton at #22 also.

hoping Winterton makes it Flint’s 2nd so he can play with his brother. Othmann is not ranked top 5 anywhere, yet; but, he has 10? pts in two GP with team ON at Canada games

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Great effort today! Is it correct that Hunter Holmes has a -54 plus/minus ratio?

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Glad to see Morgan adjusting so well to Flint.
Just a bad fit in Windsor n Flint got great value in that deal.
For the fans in Flint, I love seeing this team showing so many positives after the tough ride over the last few years. Hopefully it continues to trend upwards.
If any1 has contact with players of staff pleae PM. Just have a message Id like to pass on.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Birds should turn the corner next year. Hope you see what we’ve seen up here. It will be all the sweeter for all your suffering.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Birds should turn the corner next year. Hope you see what we’ve seen up here. It will be all the sweeter for all your suffering.

Most of us thought they would turn a corner this year. Maybe a 6 or 7 seed.

Injuries have played a role, they have probably played the majority of their games short handed at least 1 body . Some nights 2, 3, or even 4. The amount of games lost to injuries is just ridiculous.

The bad start with Oulahen just had a major snowball effect. Him stepping down and Wellwood coming in put everything like 2 months behind. Then playing short handed on top of that. They are a young team, still have the random night off. They are drastically improved.

I'd love to see the locker room standings since they wiped the slate clean after Xmas.

I'm excited for next year.

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
Most of us thought they would turn a corner this year. Maybe a 6 or 7 seed.

Injuries have played a role, they have probably played the majority of their games short handed at least 1 body . Some nights 2, 3, or even 4. The amount of games lost to injuries is just ridiculous.

The bad start with Oulahen just had a major snowball effect. Him stepping down and Wellwood coming in put everything like 2 months behind. Then playing short handed on top of that. They are a young team, still have the random night off. They are drastically improved.

I'd love to see the locker room standings since they wiped the slate clean after Xmas.

I'm excited for next year.

I think everyone is excited for next year as long as things stay.

STANDINGS

GPWLOTL
BEFORE XMAS BREAK 354292
AFTER XMAS BREAK247143
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: three dog night

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
If the season were to end today, Flint's top three picks would roughly be:

1st Rd. (2nd overall pick)
2nd Rd (31st overall pick)
3rd Rd (42nd overall pick)

Not sure how Niagara's situation effects these picks. Perhaps everyone moves up a pick in the 2nd and following rounds. We would also have about the 56th and 57th overall picks in the 3rd Rd. Possibly 5 of the top 57 picks (yes I know only four could sign next season). As Savard pointed out, also a top import pick could make for a much better team next year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad