Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Oh yeah, Keppen's stock has to be rising. It makes me wonder if Morgan has the time left in the season and whether or not he's putting himself back on some NHL team's radars.
Well He's destroying it and any scout that watches him right now knows its not a fluke. Hell Busby got drafted and after only playing 1.25 games in his draft year. I think he could be a steal for a team in the later rounds.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I think people are forgetting there are 3 players on that line and Wismer is helping his stock just as much if not more. I get Flint wants to ‘promote’ 1st rounders, but you also need to give credit where credit is due and that is to the entire line.

Last edited:

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I think people are forgetting there are 3 players on that line and Wismer is helping his stock just as much if not more. I get Flint wants to ‘promote’ 1st rounders, but you also need to give credit where credit is due and that is to the entire line.

Which is 100% true. But Wismer was draft eligible last year. Kepper and Morgan are draft eligible this year, which is why I implied they were helping their stocks. Can't wait to see another updated list soon.

Keppen was listed as a 5th rounder early in the year. Looks like a recent mock has him early 3rd now.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
What’s the parking like at the Dort?
$5 to park. Security in the lot before, during, and after the game. Lots of space for everyone. Easy access on/off the freeway. The egress is horrible...don't bother trying to rush out after the game, you'll only end up sitting in a single file line in your ice cold car.

BTW...note to Rolf: Any money spent redesigning the ingress/egress for the parking lots would be money well spent!

Reactions: Generalsupdates

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
$5 to park. Security in the lot before, during, and after the game. Lots of space for everyone. Easy access on/off the freeway. The egress is horrible...don't bother trying to rush out after the game, you'll only end up sitting in a single file line in your ice cold car.

BTW...note to Rolf: Any money spent redesigning the ingress/egress for the parking lots would be money well spent!
True. I always enter/exit/park off Averill. The fans themselves could make exiting a lot easier on that side too. There are two lanes. If you're turning left onto Averill, use the left lane. If you're turning right, use the right. Anybody trying to enter the arena at that time is an idiot and screw 'em. A few times I've seen security attempt to direct traffic into two lanes but I usually sit behind 15 cars turning left outta the right side while the left side sits completely open. Is it similar at the Lapeer exit? I always try to avoid that side. This is something I should have brought up at the STH meeting. Sorry guys.

Reactions: MJ5

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
They do seem to work together best as a 3 man unit. Keppen was performing fairly well up to Morgan's arrival but has found another gear. Morgan had a little success in Kingston and Windsor but has come alive in Flint. I didn't mention Wismer (as MJ5 pointed out) because last year was his first draft eligible year. I think there's almost no chance he gets drafted this year even if he continues his pace. If you would have asked me 6 weeks ago whether Wismer would ever play pro hockey I would have laughed at you. I don't think he gets drafted but now I can definitely see him playing his way into a pro contract. It's not just that he's putting up numbers, his entire game has improved. It's been a REALLY impressive turnaround and I'm really happy for the kid. In the 17 games since Morgans arrival Jack has 9g and 18pts and is +4. By comparison he had 4g, 8pts and was -25 in 38 games before that including a 30 game stretch where he had 1g and 2 assists. That's probably the most dramatic turnaround any Firebird has had including Durham's explosion this year.

Reactions: MJ5

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Headed down to Flint to see the Attack and Firebirds play this weekend.

First time headed to Flint for myself as an OHL fan if there's any posters going to be in attendance.

PM me if any posters will be in attendance for Saturday's game

AS,

Reactions: Toldyaso

Toldyaso

Tragic Poster
Apr 13, 2015
Nope not forgetting them at all. You thought wrong! :sarcasm:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Just to note, Flint had their 2016 1st round pick taken away from them due to the Nilsen sanctions. They were awarded two comp picks by declaring Ryan McLeod defected. Now, I'm not sure what happened with the picks they received from Missy in the trade for McLeod but those comp picks were used to select Ty Dellandrea and Jack Wismer #5 and #41 overall.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Just to note, Flint had their 2016 1st round pick taken away from them due to the Nilsen sanctions. They were awarded two comp picks by declaring Ryan McLeod defected. Now, I'm not sure what happened with the picks they received from Missy in the trade for McLeod but those comp picks were used to select Ty Dellandrea and Jack Wismer #5 and #41 overall.
Yes. Flint had the 3rd and 5th picks in the 1st Rd., but the 3rd overall pick was taken away from Flint because of Rolf.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
Saginaw is good, no doubt about that, but that was an embarrassing effort by Flint.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Special Teams. 1/8 PP and Zero for 3 on the PK. Questionable refing and only 4 D healthy and dressed. That puck was in. I'm sure the ref's argument was he lost sight and had already decided to blow the whistle regardless. What's unforgivable is losing sight and blowing the whistle on a loose puck TWO more times in like the next 8 minutes. They outshot them and actually got back into the game. That's a step forward at least. Oh yeah, and Kingston lost again tonight and only managed 14 shots on goal.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Special Teams. 1/8 PP and Zero for 3 on the PK. Questionable refing and only 4 D healthy and dressed. That puck was in. I'm sure the ref's argument was he lost sight and had already decided to blow the whistle regardless. What's unforgivable is losing sight and blowing the whistle on a loose puck TWO more times in like the next 8 minutes. They outshot them and actually got back into the game. That's a step forward at least. Oh yeah, and Kingston lost again tonight and only managed 14 shots on goal.

Ferguson was a Turd.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Is there any Firebirds posters on here that will be in attendance for the Attack/Firebirds game tonight.

OS fan club will be in attendance for the game any posters on here that are Firebird fans who will be in attendance if so PM me

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Look for the guy wearing the tropics jersey. Also have a backwards Detroit Tigers hat on. I’ll be see where the Owen sound section is and wonder by there. Just wave me down and I’ll stop and say hi.

Reactions: AttackSound

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack played a great game tonight, for about five minutes.

The sunglasses were great, thanks !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad