Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Dellandreas Grandpa passed away, Funeral was today. That's why he's out of the lineup.

cobra9850

Apr 23, 2014
Thank God we don't have Barclay Branch weaving his web of ineptitude with our roster anymore.Deep six his services and that would be the best roster deletion your team has ever achieved.His dad should show mercy to the Firebirds organization and tell his son to resign and stop the Branch GM catastrophe.

Reactions: FunHockeyFan1

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
Thank God we don't have Barclay Branch weaving his web of ineptitude with our roster anymore.Deep six his services and that would be the best roster deletion your team has ever achieved.His dad should show mercy to the Firebirds organization and tell his son to resign and stop the Branch GM catastrophe.
I felt your pain. What a disaster he was here in Sudbury and all done from the confines of his Southern Ontario home. It was like one last parting shot from Mark Burgess when he hired him to be our GM. It was the best summer news to see him resign and be hired somewhere far away from Sudbury. By far the worst GM Sudbury has ever had.

WJ

Reactions: Lycanthrope and cub

HockeyForLife14

Aug 31, 2018
There should be a rule of each franchise like Tim Horton's, where a GM has to live within the centre of their team. How can you know what's going on with your club if you are never around to see first hand what needs to happen.

From what I've heard around the rumor mill is that Barclay has only been around the club twice since the middle of November and only on the road close by his place of residence.

Reactions: cub

Gensdef

May 24, 2017
There should be a rule of each franchise like Tim Horton's, where a GM has to live within the centre of their team. How can you know what's going on with your club if you are never around to see first hand what needs to happen.

From what I've heard around the rumor mill is that Barclay has only been around the club twice since the middle of November and only on the road close by his place of residence.
I have seen him at home games since November. He is up in the catwalk where the radio guys are and where the scratch players sit. Dont ever really see him down where fans could interact with him. Not defending him because i would just as soon see him gone, but i have seen him at home games since November.

Last edited:

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
You have a lot of decent pieces that you can build on but as long as you have an OA Defenceman who has to be shielded but has to play a regular shift it doesn’t matter what the rest of the team does. Poor #18 tried to cover his misplays all night. Once that distraction is gone you’ll be alright but you’re still better then your record.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
B66ADC93-A4F4-4D33-B3C9-739C8F88EFFF.png

Sounds like the firebirds have a great bunch of guys in the room. First this, then helping the stranded motorist during a recent road trip. Glad to hear some good come out about Flint along with an improving record.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Just under midway through the 2nd and Morgan already has 6 shots. Love watching this guy play.

Watching him I understand how he was a first round pick in this league, kid has some absolute talent. Really glad he landed here and found a home between Kepper and Wismer, they are just rolling. Another 5 points between the 3 tonight.

Reactions: Toldyaso

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Got to watch a bit of that mess on Friday night. It had been a little while since I've seen them just be dead from the drop of the puck. I don't get these kids sometimes. If one of my teams blew a 4-2 lead in the third and then the next night our C is gone for his grandfathers funeral, we are coming out of the gate FLYING for Ty. That first five minutes is gonna be a frenzy. Man, I feel for Cav some nights. He deserves 100% out of the boys in front of him unless I'm missing something. That's in the past, look forward. Which they did. I didn't get to watch tonight but I can see they tempted fate in the 3rd again but figured out how to pull it off. Even with a set back like Sudbury, they're still consistently moving forward overall. Great to see the Morgan line continue. Man do I wish we would have got half that out of Rowe. I can't help but look at that deal as a 2nd for Morgan and a 4th for this badazz in the Wismer jersey. Durham back on the scoresheet which is awesome and 2 more points for Vierling. 3 out of a possible 6 on a 3 game road weekend isn't bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: DetSpitsFan

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Glad to read here Morgan has started to turn the corner in his OHL career in Flint. Good kid.
Obviously for whatever reason the fit in Windsor wasnt a match.
Good value pick up and good on Wellwood n staff for getting so much more outta him.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Glad to read here Morgan has started to turn the corner in his OHL career in Flint. Good kid.
Obviously for whatever reason the fit in Windsor wasnt a match.
Good value pick up and good on Wellwood n staff for getting so much more outta him.

That move was a steal for Flint.

His line has easily been the best for Flint the last month. I think he's helping Ethan Keppens draft stock nightly.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
That move was a steal for Flint.

His line has easily been the best for Flint the last month. I think he's helping Ethan Keppens draft stock nightly.
Oh yeah, Keppen's stock has to be rising. It makes me wonder if Morgan has the time left in the season and whether or not he's putting himself back on some NHL team's radars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad