Flint Firebirds 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichardB

Nov 16, 2018
It didn’t look very good and he hasn’t came back to the bench. But with this score it could just be precautionary.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Dellandrea absolutely SMOKED late in the 2nd period. Looked like he took a shoulder to the chin. Was down on his knees for some time, and went off the ice holding his face. Didn't look good.[/QUOTE

Hoping it's nothing serious and just precautionary.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Blowout night across the OHL! At least ours wasn't at home. Took Ty awhile to get to his feet and skate towards the bench....oops, that's the half boards Ty, the bench is about 15 feet to your left. Which would make me think concussion. He was holding his mouth though and no matter what, there was no need for him to play in the 3rd. CJ once again stuck up for Ty but I didn't really see anybody around him while he laid on the ice. Or anybody helping him back to the bench. That's really odd for your Captain. Oh well, another half ass effort. Another loss and just a little more drama.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
Dellandrea absolutely SMOKED late in the 2nd period. Looked like he took a shoulder to the chin. Was down on his knees for some time, and went off the ice holding his face. Didn't look good.

Penalty? Dirty?

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Penalty? Dirty?
Not if you played in the '80's or '90's. Ty turned in open ice, passed the puck and Samurokov (sp?) was there. Ty tried to get his hands up. By today's standards it might have been a bit high but it didn't look like head contact to me although it was close. Just looked like a good hit. Squared up face to face. What's unfortunate was the message that got sent was that it's ok to take runs at their star player and they'll just lay down. They roughed up Koly later and no one batted an eye. If they're not gonna send a message down 8-2, they're never gonna do it.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Sure hope it is not serious especially a hit to the pumpkin. With concussion protocol can be scary, look at Everett.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Not if you played in the '80's or '90's. Ty turned in open ice, passed the puck and Samurokov (sp?) was there. Ty tried to get his hands up. By today's standards it might have been a bit high but it didn't look like head contact to me although it was close. Just looked like a good hit. Squared up face to face. What's unfortunate was the message that got sent was that it's ok to take runs at their star player and they'll just lay down. They roughed up Koly later and no one batted an eye. If they're not gonna send a message down 8-2, they're never gonna do it.

For those who have believed that this team is very "Tight Knit" in the locker room, last night's reaction to Ty's injury dispels that.

From one player..."Let's just play the games and pray to God that we all come out of this mess with healthy minds and bodies."

That's what 2-19-1 gets you.

Most importantly I'm sure that we all are concerned in regards to Ty's health and well being. My prayers are with him.

Reactions: hockjock

Hockey61fan

Oct 14, 2018
For those who have believed that this team is very "Tight Knit" in the locker room, last night's reaction to Ty's injury dispels that.

From one player..."Let's just play the games and pray to God that we all come out of this mess with healthy minds and bodies."

That's what 2-19-1 gets you.

Most importantly I'm sure that we all are concerned in regards to Ty's health and well being. My prayers are with him.
You must be an insider otherwise how would you know what 1 player said last night. Plus that comment doesnt mean they are not together. To me it just means with the score as it was it was an appropriate comment for the game .

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I agree, must be an ‘insider’. Perhaps the coach told the players no retaliation as they are finally getting back to a full squad. The 1 players comment to me was more of a mind over matter in reflection to the score & hopefully no one else gets injured tonight.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Good day Flint fans, question for you guys. Do you think in view of how your season is going that Delandrea would be available for the right price? (Hope he's ok btw, was just reading the thread). We've been speculating on the Ottawa board and he would fit a two year window for us very nicely.

hockjock

Oct 4, 2018
I agree, must be an ‘insider’. Perhaps the coach told the players no retaliation as they are finally getting back to a full squad. The 1 players comment to me was more of a mind over matter in reflection to the score & hopefully no one else gets injured tonight.
This is 100% true. I heard first hand that this is not a tight knit team. Probably why so many players want to jump ship.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
With no other Firebirds coming to Ty’s defense or helping their injured captain off the ice, this is just another reason for the Dallas Stars to get him out of Flint as soon as they can.

Reactions: LDN and hockjock

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Well it was said early on in this thread at beginning of the the season that Ty was quiet and doesn’t interact with his teammates. What kind of a leader is that? I’d say he created his own environment and reaction from his teammates if that’s true. How should the players react? Leaders earn respect its not a given just because you are wearing a C.

HealthyScratch1

Not Who You Think
Aug 4, 2016
Dort
Not sure I agree with that Packman. He’s a great kid of the ice. His personality is naturally quiet but def a quality individual. There’s a few “cancers” on this team, no doubt but Ty is not one of them.

Ty was warned about the BS behind the scenes of flint when he was drafted. He took it as a challenge to turn the organization around. That’s the kind of kid he is. Its possible he’s rethinking that decision now.

RichardB

Nov 16, 2018
Hopefully the D plays a lot better tonight in Owen Sound. If I wasn’t sitting by some really nice Guelph fans last night I would have exited early. The D was caught out of position and way to many turn overs that lead to too many goals in the first. Hopefully Ty is alright today but we’ll see if he suits up in Owen Sound tonight or not.

Reactions: domi55us

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
I’m only stating what’s been written about him on the boards in the past, I’m not saying that’s how he is. I have no idea how Ty is, but from interviews etc., seems to be a great kid and nice family. Wellwood seems to have his work cut out for himself. He got rid of one cancer who’s to say he won’t get rid of a few more.

Reactions: HealthyScratch1

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
With no other Firebirds coming to Ty’s defense or helping their injured captain off the ice, this is just another reason for the Dallas Stars to get him out of Flint as soon as they can.
I feel for you Flint fans.

I know fighting is all but eliminated now, but I tell you, if someone laid our captain out, right or wrong, numbers would be taken and the score settled, either on the spot or later in the game.

Hope Tys ok, and we get to see him in Owen Sound tonight.

N Da No

Jun 3, 2018
Wake up people, what we are seeing in Flint is NOT a rebuild.

You want to see a rebuild, just look at last night's game with Guelph.

Three years ago (2015-2016) the Storm finished dead last in the OHL. Today, the Storm find themselves third in the OHL's Western Conference and Second in Overall Percentage in the West...That is a REBUILD.

2-19-1 in NOT a Rebuild, 2-19-1 is a DISGRACE.

We all know that Ty is a very good player, what others may not realize is that Ty is even a greater human being.

With what occurred last night, Ty now realizes that his time left in Flint is probably limited. Who knows, we may have seen the last of Ty in a Firebirds jersey.

Packman

Jun 19, 2018
Well there you have it folks, you heard it first from ‘The Flint Insider’

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
It is all about getting a new owner in place! Nilsen and Branch are going to keep doing what they do and keep Flint from being a destination franchise. The franchise MUST be sold. David Branch gets an “F” for the choices he had made while operating this franchise. I know I am preaching to the choir.

The big question IF there is a sale, does the team stay in Flint? Attendance has been okay, but still below the league average. I agree upper management needs to change hands, but who buys the team and keeps it here? The past 4 seasons have been underwhelming to say the least, and the off ice stuff has really hurt the team IMO. I feel as if a new owner may want to rebrand, even if the team doesn’t move. Nielsen owns the arena as well if I’m not mistaken. Think he is/would be willing to part with both?

The next question is are their any Flint/Michigan natives come to mind that may have interest? I’ve still heard rumors about Buffalo getting a team, but wouldn’t be surprised if the team is sold and just becomes the 18th Ontario club. I think it would need to be someone rather local that would have to purchase to want to keep it in Flint. The capacity of the arena is there, but if you head to Niagara, Sarnia, Windsor, Saginaw, it definitely feels like one of the more outdated rinks.

Glad to see the team getting over som injuries, hopefully everything works out for the Firebirds!

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
The big question IF there is a sale, does the team stay in Flint? Attendance has been okay, but still below the league average. I agree upper management needs to change hands, but who buys the team and keeps it here? The past 4 seasons have been underwhelming to say the least, and the off ice stuff has really hurt the team IMO. I feel as if a new owner may want to rebrand, even if the team doesn’t move. Nielsen owns the arena as well if I’m not mistaken. Think he is/would be willing to part with both?

The next question is are their any Flint/Michigan natives come to mind that may have interest? I’ve still heard rumors about Buffalo getting a team, but wouldn’t be surprised if the team is sold and just becomes the 18th Ontario club. I think it would need to be someone rather local that would have to purchase to want to keep it in Flint. The capacity of the arena is there, but if you head to Niagara, Sarnia, Windsor, Saginaw, it definitely feels like one of the more outdated rinks.

Glad to see the team getting over som injuries, hopefully everything works out for the Firebirds!
There are some local parties who could have interest. There are rumors of another league (or two) having interest. Rolf and everyone else knows the team must be sold. The sooner the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->