GDT: Flightless Snowbirds @ Red Wings 7:30 Fri

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Games like this are exactly how Bernier started to get right this year. Not saying Howard will ever be right again, but super competitive losses eventually result in a win, and things can roll

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
That whole sequence by Glendening was a trainwreck :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Detroit played a great game tonight.
Tells you about our depth when glendening is on the ice 3 on 3....but that early in the overtime?....I'm thinking bertuzzi, fabbri, zadina, even filpula all better options?

Titan6lie

Mar 11, 2019
Are you talking about that sick tick tac toe passing game by pens with the quick shot on net? No goalie is making that save. Red Wings just stood there and watched it in awww.

How anyone can criticize Howie this game is beyond me.
Agreed...we got nhl goaltending tonight...team follows suit

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Are you talking about that sick tick tac toe passing game by pens with the quick shot on net? No goalie is making that save. Red Wings just stood there and watched it in awww.

How anyone can criticize Howie this game is beyond me.

Tic tac toe? He had plenty of time to set up for that shot. He actually almost made the save despite practically falling over trying to get back.

He had a good game but that was not a good goal.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Tells you about our depth when glendening is on the ice 3 on 3....but that early in the overtime?....I'm thinking bertuzzi, fabbri, zadina, even filpula all better options?

They put him out there for draw protection and to get off the ice for Zadina. He paid that faith back by taking an incredibly stupid penalty. It was just an awful sequence for Glendening. I like him, but there really isn't defending that, he already should have peeled off to change but instead he is committing a stupid interference.

Reactions: Winger98

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Why do people keep saying this? The Wings have last place on lockdown, nobody else is even close.
Wait until after the trade deadline. Mantha and AA will also be back soon-ish. Bernier will get healthy. This team could easily go on a five-game winning streak.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Games like this are exactly how Bernier started to get right this year. Not saying Howard will ever be right again, but super competitive losses eventually result in a win, and things can roll

His movement is what is starting to bother me. He just doesn't get enough juice when he is pushing around in the net. I don't know if he is carrying a knock. I suspect at his age and the way he carries extra lbs has finally caught up to him. I saw him slow across a lot tonight, I found him to have a little more puck luck tonight which was nice for him. But there was plenty of space and a lot of uh oh moments where he wasn't square to shooters. Hey stopping the puck is his job and he found a way tonight so good on him, but that wasn't a confidence building performance for me, I saw a lot of the issues that have seen him chased this year still there in his game.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
His movement is what is starting to bother me. He just doesn't get enough juice when he is pushing around in the net. I don't know if he is carrying a knock. I suspect at his age and the way he carries extra lbs has finally caught up to him. I saw him slow across a lot tonight, I found him to have a little more puck luck tonight which was nice for him. But there was plenty of space and a lot of uh oh moments where he wasn't square to shooters. Hey stopping the puck is his job and he found a way tonight so good on him, but that wasn't a confidence building performance for me, I saw a lot of the issues that have seen him chased this year still there in his game.
He controlled the rebounds much better and swallowed the puck quite a few times, which was refreshing to see.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
To be fair
letterkenny-to-be-fair-4Z9g0DdoJPChn481o6

1sXrHEg42GP6NZFHA

Just playing a bunch of games will statistically, eventually, result in a win.

Okay, I give up on trying to embed a gif.

Jon Cusack

Oct 28, 2011
Wait until after the trade deadline. Mantha and AA will also be back soon-ish. Bernier will get healthy. This team could easily go on a five-game winning streak.

Theres no way this team easily could go on a 5 game in streak. Theres probably 10 legitimate NHL talent players on this team. A 5 game win streak would be largely luck

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Theres no way this team easily could go on a 5 game in streak. Theres probably 10 legitimate NHL talent players on this team. A 5 game win streak would be largely luck
Teams will start resting starters and playing their backups more against the Red Wings down the stretch.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Right now we are on pace for 8 wins the rest of the season and we need to worry about a five game winning streak?

I mean it has been pointed out, but at this point if we played .500 hockey which is you know a hilarious thought we would wind up with 60 points. Only three teams have finished below that figure in the last 5 years and two of them were in the tanktastic McDavid Eichel draft (we were still a playoff team that long ago) that got the draft lottery rules changed for us so this season we are enduring might not give us the pick we need... Guys/Gals Ottawa hasn't won in nine games and they are still 12 points in front of us or 6 wins which is half of our season win total to date. The Ducks the 5th worst team in the league and are closer to the playoffs than we are to them. We are in last by a lot, I am not sure we need to worry about it, especially when you cruise our schedule.

We still have three games with the best teams in our division Boston and Tampa. Still have a set of games with Washington, they are kind of finished playing the weaker teams in the Western conference as well. You could make the argument that we are likely to only face two non-playoff teams from March until the end of the season in Philly and Chicago. I have switched from feel comfortable about the tank to can this team actually get to 50 points and I am starting to think no they cannot. My guess is 2/3 of the league already has more points than we finish with right now.

Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->