Post-Game Talk: Flightless birds vs Eagles rematch @7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
We know from shootouts that goalies should save breakaways at about a 70% clip.

I feel like our two goalies are significantly worse than that.
Shootouts are not comparable to breakaways. Both shooter and goalie play it differently.

In a shootout the shooter must score, he’s the only option, and he’s the only player on the ice. As a goalie that’s much easier to play than a breakaway. As a goalie you can play further out, you can eliminate angles because you don’t need to worry about rebounds, you don’t need to survey the ice for passing options or trailing players, etc.

They really couldn’t be more different

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
to read these boards you’d think there was a worldwide epidemic of grown men soiling themselves and their mattresses. it’s just the weirdest expression.

It's like it's your first time interacting with sports fans.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Wrecked by PIT's forecheck mostly. It's dictating the tempo and they haven't been able to tighten up.

Orlov & Sprong have been good but they need more from the top six as a whole. Moving Oshie down is an interesting decision.

I don't think Oshie with Eller is productive, I don't remember it working before. 3rd line relies on covering a lot of ice, Oshie doesn't help with that -- he has better synergy with Backstrom, because they both play a similar style in that they rely on smarts and skill to compensate for lack of speed.

I don't mind the shuffling though, you gotta try some different looks at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad