Post-Game Talk: Flightless birds vs Eagles rematch @7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It was pretty obvious Rust was going to shoot it, Crosby wasn't skating parallel with him, he was clearly behind the play. I'm way past the point of giving this guy the benefit of the doubt. He sucks.

I'm the first guy to slam our goalies for their poor performance, but it would've been shocking if the Penguins didn't score on that play.

I'm not concerned about our goalies giving up logical goals like this one, I'm concerned when they get beaten with unscreened shots from the top of the circles or beyond.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Trying to remember the last time we won with these blue uniforms. Think it’s been several games.

Jun 15, 2007
We know from shootouts that goalies should save breakaways at about a 70% clip.

I feel like our two goalies are significantly worse than that.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I'm the first guy to slam our goalies for their poor performance, but it would've been shocking if the Penguins didn't score on that play.

I'm not concerned about our goalies giving up logical goals like this one, I'm concerned when they get beaten with unscreened shots from the top of the circles or beyond.
Nothing shocking in saving a breakaway shot. Even if Crosby converted on a followup it wouldn't look that bad but you have to make a save on an initial shot from a very ordinary shooter coming at you from a sharp angle. I'm doubling down. Samsonov sucks.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nothing shocking in saving a breakaway shot. Even if Crosby converted on a followup it wouldn't look that bad but you have to make a save on an initial shot from a very ordinary shooter coming at you from a sharp angle. I'm doubling down. Samsonov sucks.

We'll agree to disagree but Rust isn't a scrub and a player of his caliber with that time and from that distance will frequently score. His point and goal production is on par with Oshie, it's not like we got scored on by Sceviour or something.

Let's see what Samsonov does the rest of the way

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Anyone else find themselves unable to watch Caps hockey on Verizon FIOS? Broadcast has been garbled and pixelated past several weeks. Verizon tech support network tests all come back clear.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Anyone else find themselves unable to watch Caps hockey on Verizon FIOS? Broadcast has been garbled and pixelated past several weeks. Verizon tech support network tests all come back clear.
I cant stream games with Fios anymore its the cable box or blacked out for me now

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Who’s got the sauce?

4716FBE6-4118-410C-8F28-2CB9F0A5A6FB.jpeg

Reactions: crab

crab

Jan 26, 2019
We'll agree to disagree but Rust isn't a scrub and a player of his caliber with that time and from that distance will frequently score. His point and goal production is on par with Oshie, it's not like we got scored on by Sceviour or something.

Let's see what Samsonov does the rest of the way

Would’ve been nice for him to save it but that’s a hard first shot to face after having no action to start the game.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
More of the same against this Pens team. Pretty evenly played they are just capitalizing on their chances a tiny bit more and that’s the difference

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
We do not look like the efficient team that dominated the Islanders
Wrecked by PIT's forecheck mostly. It's dictating the tempo and they haven't been able to tighten up.

Orlov & Sprong have been good but they need more from the top six as a whole. Moving Oshie down is an interesting decision.

Reactions: artilector
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad