Pre-Game Talk: Flies @ Edmonton

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
Anyone know how the Oilers got back home from Winnipeg? Bus to Fargo and flight to Edmonton right after the game? Or bus/flight today before the game? Or travel on one of those buses that you can lie down in through the night? I mean, either way, its a tough ask to put in a decent performance tonight for the team. I won't be angry if they appear a bit off. Seems to me that Winnipeg with its poor transport links is not an ideal place for the first game of a back-to-back.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Really hate the Flyers and would love a win but under the circumstances it's going to be tough for the Oilers.

Koskinen most likely will have to steal a win for us again to pull it off.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Anyone know how the Oilers got back home from Winnipeg? Bus to Fargo and flight to Edmonton right after the game? Or bus/flight today before the game? Or travel on one of those buses that you can lie down in through the night? I mean, either way, its a tough ask to put in a decent performance tonight for the team. I won't be angry if they appear a bit off. Seems to me that Winnipeg with its poor transport links is not an ideal place for the first game of a back-to-back.
Heard they took a Jet.

Reactions: A91

elmeroil

Feb 3, 2013
Hope they can play a smart defensive game, need to tighten things up back there.

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
I want to see Hunter dummy Gritty that dirtbag mascot. We’ve got the best rink, the best player and the best mascot in the league.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I want to see Hunter dummy Gritty that dirtbag mascot. We’ve got the best rink, the best player and the best mascot in the league.

RGtDszw.gif

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
don't nhl teams charter their own planes.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I think they took the polar express

have to take advantage it's not always available

Reactions: TB12

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
I’m conditioned to be terrified by all the positivity about the Oilers winning this game (mostly in the Jets game threads). Or about how the Oil are on a roll and should win this game.

I WANT to believe haha but I’ve been let down so many times by this team in these “should win” games.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I’m conditioned to be terrified by all the positivity about the Oilers winning this game (mostly in the Jets game threads). Or about how the Oil are on a roll and should win this game.

I WANT to believe haha but I’ve been let down so many times by this team in these “should win” games.

Yes I'm bracing myself for a Holiday slide. Seems like whenever they get to a goal (a playoff spot) it's like that get a sense of accomplishment and relax. Add that to the fact that they are hurting on D, and their key players are getting ran in to the ground with minutes, and I'm not certain they'll be able to continue on this streak. Hopefully Hitch can keep them dialed in.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV

Yup. I got that PTSD too. No game is winnable when you are an Oiler fan.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I heard they caught a ride with an ice road trucker to Yellowknife, then are flying to Edmonton in a twin prop Cessna from there. They should be back for game time.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hunter would **** Gritty up like Big Rig did to Brandon Manning.

Hoping we destroy this team.

talitintti

Oct 13, 2018
Hunter would **** Gritty up like Big Rig did to Brandon Manning.

Hoping we destroy this team.
You guys, my friend has a flow and face exactly like McDavid now. Can you post a picture of him with his flow so I can show it to him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->