Injury Report: Fleury to IR, concussion. 12/10: MAF activated off IR Huzzah!!

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm really glad we still seem to be in a situation where Marc Andre Fleury being out for a month plus isn't a major issue.

Hope he gets better soon.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

MCassel

Nov 29, 2017
I'm really glad we still seem to be in a situation where Marc Andre Fleury being out for a month plus isn't a major issue.

Hope he gets better soon.

No kidding. Still among the top of the division without the guy we all thought would be the reason we'd be in games late. Would love to see him with how improved we've been lately.

Sheng Peng

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm guessing the league makes players hand over helmets when they get concussions for safety studies or something.

I don't know for sure, but it makes sense.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Afaik, masks are not sent to league.

Goalie in stock mask may mean new one with art on the way, or there's a problem with mask that could not be fixed in time for use. Also MAF could be trying out new style for future mask.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Afaik, masks are not sent to league.

Goalie in stock mask may mean new one with art on the way, or there's a problem with mask that could not be fixed in time for use. Also MAF could be trying out new style for future mask.
No, it means it wasn’t custom fit to his head. He’s trying the 960 (off the shelf) for future use. It’s been the best mask on the market (in my opinion) for years.
The 960 is already certified so it doesn’t need to be sent to the league.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Will MAF be ready for the Pgh Pens game next week Thursday 14th? It could be very emotional for him to play against his old friends with whom he won three Stanley Cups.

Reactions: Aurinko

BARzalDOWN

Apr 20, 2007
Quick question from an isles fan.

I know it's tough since he's been out so long, but what are the odds vegas moves fluery this year? Vegas seems to have done well without him, but I'm not sure if that makes him expendable in your eyes or if you feel like he'll be a big part of a playoff push.

If he can be had, what's the expected return? Isles would need to move out halak if a trade is made, either in this deal or in a subsequent move. Not sure if he's an attractive piece to vegas or if you feel the goaltending is strong enough that's he's not needed.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

I know it's tough since he's been out so long, but what are the odds vegas moves fluery this year? Vegas seems to have done well without him, but I'm not sure if that makes him expendable in your eyes or if you feel like he'll be a big part of a playoff push.

If he can be had, what's the expected return? Isles would need to move out halak if a trade is made, either in this deal or in a subsequent move. Not sure if he's an attractive piece to vegas or if you feel the goaltending is strong enough that's he's not needed.

Slim to none odds we trade him. He's pretty much our franchise player, and this team has been good using 2-4 goalies, but we'll be better with a no.1. If he were traded I'd expect a 1st and a really good prospect.

BARzalDOWN

Apr 20, 2007
Slim to none odds we trade him. He's pretty much our franchise player, and this team has been good using 2-4 goalies, but we'll be better with a no.1. If he were traded I'd expect a 1st and a really good prospect.

Thanks for the response. I haven't followed vegas that well so I wasn't sure if one of the younger goalies had established himself to make fluery available. Cost seems a bit high for the islanders to consider at this time. But, if halak and greiss continue to struggle, maybe it's something they consider closer to the deadline if things change for Vegas.

Thanks again!

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

His contract, his age, his ability to block trades to certain teams and most of all his injury history now makes him very unattractive to trade partners. Teams who would make a trade mid-season usually do so out of a need brought on by injuries, but this isn't the type of player you make that kind of deal for. The other option is getting a guy now and hoping he ends up being a longer-term solution, but with his years of high mileage use at the NHL level this seems unlikely as well. Only way a player like this gets traded is if he's seen an impediment from a team to move forward AND the player wants to move onto greener pastures. As an attempt to open a slot and give a respected veteran a chance there could be a move, but no chance of that happening this year and probably not next year either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad