Injury Report: Fleury to IR, concussion. 12/10: MAF activated off IR Huzzah!!

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
ExaltedBrownBullmastiff-max-1mb.gif

well that stinks...

You beat me to it! :laugh:

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this may drag on longer than any of us (especially Flower) would like. With his history of concussions, I imagine the docs will be especially cautious and rightfully so. Would hate to see a good guy such as MAF pay a horrible price down the road.

Subban should be back (fingers crossed) in another two weeks or so if all goes well I think. But we have no timetable on Dansk returning yet, do we?

Firestorm

Mar 2, 2011
Canada Eh?
Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm afraid this may drag on longer than any of us (especially Flower) would like. With his history of concussions, I imagine the docs will be especially cautious and rightfully so. Would hate to see a good guy such as MAF pay a horrible price down the road.

Subban should be back (fingers crossed) in another two weeks or so if all goes well I think. But we have no timetable on Dansk returning yet, do we?

Friday it sounds like.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Friday it sounds like.
He’s supposed to be a week off after he starts skating. I haven’t seen anything reports of him hitting the ice, but that could be due to having like one media member with the team for the whole trip.

That’s got to change.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Great news! :thumbu:

Wonder if this was his first time back on the ice, as Gallant had said it would be four or five days then before returning to game action. Wouldn't be in time for Friday, but maybe the next short road trip.

Hopefully no setbacks for Flower.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Yeah, he skated at least once a week or so ago, I've got no clue what happened after that.

I'm wondering if he had some sort of setback following that skate. Isn't there a concussion protocol players go through, step-by-step, and they progress to the next step only if they've completed the previous one without symptoms?

Or something like that.

This being Flower's third concussion maybe makes it harder for him to rid himself of all the symptoms, but I'm no doctor...nor do I play one on TV. :laugh:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The most likely scenario is Fleury felt dizzy and/ or had headaches during or after the ice practice. That's a sign the concussion isn't healed. That would mean he's currently out indefinitely, there's no time table on a concussion. It can be a week or never. On the first or second concussion it's usually not a problem, but a third can be a problem.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad