Confirmed with Link: Fleury signs-2yrs/$1.3M aav

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Earlier today I saw Sara Civian had an article about predicting the contracts for both Fleury and Foegele.

I didn't click it, but "played at home" and told myself under my breath as I scrolled along my feed "probably around 2x$2.2m for Foegele and 2x$1.3m for Fleury."

No one could ever actually verify this but I'm psyched that I got it exactly right.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Earlier today I saw Sara Civian had an article about predicting the contracts for both Fleury and Foegele.

I didn't click it, but "played at home" and told myself under my breath as I scrolled along my feed "probably around 2x$2.2m for Foegele and 2x$1.3m for Fleury."

No one could ever actually verify this but I'm psyched that I got it exactly right.

She referenced Evolving Hockey’s salary predictor for him, which was $1.272M.

So we overpaid....

Seriously, though, I’m happy with the contract.

Edit: Evolving Hockey’s prediction for Foegele is $2.149M. Stay tuned...

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Enjoyed reading this news. Foegele at under $2mil would be fantastic

Granlund and/or Vatanen (after Foegele, of course) would be even better. Use the savings to either bolster the top-6 or, if you're going to keep Bean in the AHL for one more season, why not run the best strong-side defense in the NHL?

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
It's crazy to think about now, but about two years ago I remember watching him and thinking, "meh, this guy just doesn't have it, it's time to trade".

After that game where he finally got his first goal, I thought his game got a lot better. He's been a late bloomer (and yes I know D-men are more often than not this way) but holding onto him was a good call.

Hopefully he ups his game w/ this contract.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
It's crazy to think about now, but about two years ago I remember watching him and thinking, "meh, this guy just doesn't have it, it's time to trade".

After that game where he finally got his first goal, I thought his game got a lot better. He's been a late bloomer (and yes I know D-men are more often than not this way) but holding onto him was a good call.

Hopefully he ups his game w/ this contract.

Yes, I 100% agree. I feel the same way about Bean. The patient approach works with defensemen, I think. Too many HFers are spoiled with the Makars/the Hughes/the Heiskanens dominating at the same time while so young that they don't understand that it's the extreme exception, not the rule. You see Leaf stans drooling over Sandin and Liljegren and not understand that they aren't as good right now as someone like, say, Zach Bogosian, or even Cody MF'ing Ceci. The guys that Leafs fans laugh at as a joke are, in reality, a couple of the best hockey players in the world just being in the NHL and getting playing time.

Last edited:

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
One thing about this deal, if he keeps playing like he did in the playoffs, it makes him a very valuable trade chip. I’m not in any way advocating for him to be traded, but a young, borderline top 4 D making just $1.3M with another year of team control after this current deal could be very appealing to cash-strapped teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad