Fleury Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Found this pic on the Post Gazzette. They have a lot of cool pictures including this one of Fleury in Vapors, if your into equipment and stuff. These exact pads are on sale as pro returns, but its proof that he wore them for anyone interested in buying them. I never knew players actually tried most the equipment they got.

Does ayone know if he has a contract with Koho?

http://www.post-gazette.com/pensjournal/photos_display.asp?ID=11912

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
They're alright, that's about all I can say.

But I wasn't a big fan of the "gold" ones he wears now when he first sported them in a Pens uni and now I can't picture him using anything else, so I'm sure it'd grow on me too.

It's cool that he's going to have unique pads pretty much no matter what. Pretty much complete opposites of Andy Chiodo, who could end up being his back up for the long run. Chiodo has about the most basic looking equipment on the planet and Fleury has some of the most aesthetically pleasing stuff in the league.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
nurminen31 said:
Yeah I wanna get the Vapor glove-heard its super light.

Yeah, all that vapor stuff is awesome....600 beans for a catcher and 2400 for the pads though. :eek:

I'd probably get something other than gold, I'm not good enough to wear something that flashy. :)

JeSuisReine

Feb 21, 2004
That is a lot of gold stuff.....do you think he is compensating for not having something else that is gold?

Anthony*

pad1.jpg

pad2.jpg

pad3.jpg

pad4.jpg

pad5.jpg

pad6.jpg

pad7.jpg

pad8.jpg

May 1, 2003
Visit site
Handsome B. Wonderful said:
They're alright, that's about all I can say.

But I wasn't a big fan of the "gold" ones he wears now when he first sported them in a Pens uni and now I can't picture him using anything else, so I'm sure it'd grow on me too.

It's cool that he's going to have unique pads pretty much no matter what. Pretty much complete opposites of Andy Chiodo, who could end up being his back up for the long run. Chiodo has about the most basic looking equipment on the planet and Fleury has some of the most aesthetically pleasing stuff in the league.

Lol most basic pads in the NHL for me were Arthurs Irbe, all white, uglly ass helmet and bad looking blocker and catcher

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Awesome gear, but am I the only one that is a little worried about the puck beating him again in the pic. As a Fleury owner, I am hoping the pads help out this year!

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
#2 said:
Lol most basic pads in the NHL for me were Arthurs Irbe, all white, uglly ass helmet and bad looking blocker and catcher

Pretty much what Chiodo has except he has a white helmet instead of a white cage.

Chiodo has a half-design on his blocker and pads, the rest is all basic white.

Even Irbe has a logo on his cage, all Chiodo has is the ITECH logo.

Irbe still takes the cake for plain goaltending equipment, but the torch will be passed soon...

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Officer Jim Lahey said:
Yeah, all that vapor stuff is awesome....600 beans for a catcher and 2400 for the pads though. :eek:

I'd probably get something other than gold, I'm not good enough to wear something that flashy. :)
I found the catcher for 399, and theres a healthy amount of color styles to choose from. Id get black and white though. Gold doesnt go well with black and teal. :)

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
futurcorerock said:
I think it's cool Chiodo has plain equipment.

Some guys would rather make a statement with their goaltending i suppose...

I'm a goalie and I try to be as "flashy" as I can. Not quite in Fleury's sense, but I like to put a piece of me into everything possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->