Injury Report: Fleury not making San Jose Trip. [Update: Joining the team in Denver.]

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Watch the video. Combative Gallant says he might join the team soon.

Also said we're getting nothing on injuries once they qualify for the playoffs, which is fairly standard.
True. But you know me, expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised when it's not as bad. :laugh: And anything that goes on around Flower's head troubles me.

Also, still not fully comfortable with Malcolm, although thought he was okay last night. But then again it was vs the Canucks. :D

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
"Today" most teams say UBI/LBI and how long they might be out. In playoffs it's "available"/not; or "you'll know they're playing when the puck drops".

GG has been prone to do exactly that, but instead of "you'll know they're playing when the puck drops," he uses the code, "Day to day." I think they only have to announce UBI or LBI if the player is placed on IR, no? Or is it even required?

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
GG has been prone to do exactly that, but instead of "you'll know they're playing when the puck drops," he uses the code, "Day to day." I think they only have to announce UBI or LBI if the player is placed on IR, no? Or is it even required?
I don't think they have to disclose anything unless the player goes on IR. Since there's no reason for IR at this point of the season, I'm pretty sure they don't have to say anything at all and players just get scratched.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
How do goalies fit in the roster numbers? For example, the fact that they recalled Dansk tells me Flower is hurt. How hurt? Will they need to scratch a skater to make room for Dansk without putting Flower on IR? Or is the IR superfluous for goalies at this point in the season. If they can carry Whitecloud (who will never see a shift), then they can also carry Flower without ever telling us the extent to which he is injured. Right?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Roster # limitations go away after trade deadline (but cap still applies).

Teams are only allowed 4 post-tdl call ups, unless there's an emergency (less than 2 healthy G, 6D, 12F).

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
How do goalies fit in the roster numbers? For example, the fact that they recalled Dansk tells me Flower is hurt. How hurt? Will they need to scratch a skater to make room for Dansk without putting Flower on IR? Or is the IR superfluous for goalies at this point in the season. If they can carry Whitecloud (who will never see a shift), then they can also carry Flower without ever telling us the extent to which he is injured. Right?
There's no roster limits after the trade deadline, so they could have all 50 players up for VGK games and just scratch 30 of them if they wanted. The IR list pretty much doesn't exist right now.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
There's no roster limits after the trade deadline, so they could have all 50 players up for VGK games and just scratch 30 of them if they wanted. The IR list pretty much doesn't exist right now.

Not true unless they signed 25 or so free agents right now. The 4 call up rule limit keeps it from happening.

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
He needed a break anyway, they've been riding him pretty hard for unexplainable reasons over the past month. Get Subban some games.

Fleury shouldn't have been playing against the Canucks in the first place.

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
Had to assume it was concussion-related, as he's had several. Good to be cautious. And maybe serendipitous (vocabulary points!) since, yes, I think Flower could use a rest.

Not thrilled about Malcolm in net, and I'd like to see Dansk, who appears to have been pretty decent with the Wolves lately, get a shot, maybe in Denver?

Reactions: BattleBorn

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If Fleury's okay, I've got no desire to see Dansk in net at all.

Dansk needs a new contract at the end of the season, Subban is here for as long as Fleury and is RFA after that. If things go down, Subban's the guy. If we're in a position to need Dansk in the playoffs, we're probably screwed anyway. Get Malcolm all of the ice time.

ETA: Dansk is an RFA too, the other points still apply though. We've got issues if we're counting on Dansk in the playoffs, and I don't think it's likely enough that the #1 and #2 get hurt again to need #3 to get time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad