GDT: Flem (8-7-1) vs Oilor (10-8-0) @ 7PM: If we lose, II is truly going to ban all of us

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
Latest Ward Forward line mix master picks
Gaudreau/Lucic/Nordstrom
Lindholm/Froese/Monahan
Dube/Ritchie/Backlund
Bennett/Mangiapane/Tkachuk

See there is depth as I couldn't crater 4 lines...no matter how you blend them you end up with at least 1 decent line.

Reactions: Tofveve

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Lindholm back at RW on the top line please, Backs and Tkachuk together and bubble Bennett line reunited.....with how Mangiapane’s game has evolved we would really have an answer to matchups on the top line as a Chuck-Backs-Bread line would be lights out I think.

BudRobinson53

Sep 5, 2020
Wow, 2 vs. Edm, then 2 vs. Tor before 5 of the following 6 against the Sens!

We don't need to solve the world's (team's) problems in the next 4 games, we just have to take steps. Winning both against EDM would be a big boost, but winning 2 of the next 4 in any arrangement, keeps us in this.

The best part of playing the Sens 5 of the following 6 is that other teams are NOT playing the Sens and wins will be harder to come by for them.

Back to the game at hand, with no Kass in the lineup, I think this would be a great time for the Flames to set the tone physically. EDM doesn't have the battleships that we do (even with Kass) so it's a great time to restart the BOA. But, take coincidental penalties - don't give up powerplays. GFG - Let's put a 6 spot on Mike 6mith!

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
But if we win, we're all gonna get laid

GFG I guess

I guess I better put on my fancy sweatpants tonight!

giphy.gif

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

We don't need to solve the world's (team's) problems in the next 4 games, we just have to take steps. Winning both against EDM would be a big boost, but winning 2 of the next 4 in any arrangement, keeps us in this.

The best part of playing the Sens 5 of the following 6 is that other teams are NOT playing the Sens and wins will be harder to come by for them.

Back to the game at hand, with no Kass in the lineup, I think this would be a great time for the Flames to set the tone physically. EDM doesn't have the battleships that we do (even with Kass) so it's a great time to restart the BOA. But, take coincidental penalties - don't give up powerplays. GFG - Let's put a 6 spot on Mike 6mith!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Tofveve

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Flames should have it in them to show up against the Oilers, just hope things stay consistent and there's an effort. Brett Ritchie popping a hatty from the top line

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I'm not sure anymore if the posts about Bennett being scratched are true or just jokes about Ward's line combo lottery, so please stop :laugh:

Reactions: Iggys Dome

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
I'm not sure anymore if the posts about Bennett being scratched are true or just jokes about Ward's line combo lottery, so please stop :laugh:
Never...because no one knows if its the truth or just a planted story to drum up twitter hits...

but if it helps, daily faceoff has Ritchie as 2nd line RW and Bennett as 4th line center.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014

One would think that having so many games left against the Sens is a bonus..but...if the flames keep playing like they are or even if they are slightly better they are going to lose to Edmonton, the Leafs and the Sens...

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Here's what I don't get. Lindholm was able to move to centre under the assumption that Leivo preforms and could play with the 2nd or 1st line. Leivo doesnt produce, yet the Flames keep the same combinations as if they have a top 6 winger laying around, but it's actually just Brett Ritchie. The Flames best centre is arguably Lindholm but people can make arguments for Monahan or Bennett or even Backlund skill wise. The Flames best RW is Lindholm, and behind him you have Mangiapane/Tkachuk. Like, it seems like a no brainer we should have Lindholm playing as a RWer as it's our need and that's what he was brought in to do. No one on the roster comes close to what he does on that top line and putting trash with the top line is only hampering them. They've never made scrubs look elite, they've made already good players look even better, that's what the Flames should be doing. Getting good players to play there and find chemistry, not Brett Ritchie. If not Lindholm at least give Leivo some leash there.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

Win 2 against Edmonton, People will talk like we are a contender which we are not.

Lose 2 against Edmonton, Full tank mode is on.

Anything else is just prolonging the misery.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
. The Flames best centre is arguably Lindholm but people can make arguments for Monahan or Bennett or even Backlund skill wise.
Only on paper since his line doesnt produce much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad