Fleetcenter -> TD Banknorth Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlbruin

Feb 5, 2003
New England
Visit site
Montrealer said:
Just to let you know that TD Banknorth (apparently an American subsidiary of TD... www.tdbanknorth.com ) has bought the rights to name Boston's Fleetcenter... and they're going to call it TD Banknorth Garden (so it's the gahden again, I guess).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2099017

Yeah, they bought the rights and announced the switch back in March...the deal just didn't go into effect until July 1. That gave them a good month for the deal to expire in 20 years (July 1 can't be during Bruins or Celtics season), time to announce he change, make a new logo, change signage, etc...

FrozenPond

Feb 7, 2005
Stephen said:
Hmm, the Toronto Dominion Banknorth Garden. Nice ring to it.
That’s just too long. I’m sure Hab and Leaf fans will have no trouble shortening that one up to “The Toronto Gardenâ€. Man, those poor Bruin fans, what a kick in the teeth…

Vic Rattlehead*

FrozenPond said:
That’s just too long. I’m sure Hab and Leaf fans will have no trouble shortening that one up to “The Toronto Gardenâ€. Man, those poor Bruin fans, what a kick in the teeth…

It'll be especially fun when we are beating the Leafs in an arena with their name in it. :D

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
FrozenPond said:
Man, those poor Bruin fans, what a kick in the teeth…

are you kidding me ?

I've been waiting years for the return of "The Gahden"....The only bank whatever crap you'll hear is from announcers..
Even when it was The Boston Garden..it was just The Gahden.

It's The Gahden.....

FrozenPond

Feb 7, 2005
Gee Wally said:
are you kidding me ?

I've been waiting years for the return of "The Gahden"....The only bank whatever crap you'll hear is from announcers..
Even when it was The Boston Garden..it was just The Gahden.

It's The Gahden.....
No question that Bruin fans will think of it as The Gahden. But the fans up north might have other ideas. You’ll have to keep your eyes peeled; I can see a doused flame war or two in your future.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It would have been cool if Boston Pizza had become the new sponsors.

The Boston Pizza Garden...

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
nhlbruin said:
yeah...and it doesn't even exist in Boston...I tried some when I went to TO and was very disappointed it had our city's name on it.

Yea I hear from everyone it's not a good restaurant at all.

I guess thats what you get when you have Howie Mandel as your celebrity posterboy.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
NYC will still only have the "REAL" Garden. :teach: (now hopefully someone doesnt say.. "The old Boston Gardens was made before MSG"...because I dont know if it was or not)

oildrop

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
Scugs said:
Yea I hear from everyone it's not a good restaurant at all.

I guess thats what you get when you have Howie Mandel as your celebrity posterboy.

I don't mind BP's. They are pretty good around this area (Edmonton).

Montrealer

What, me worry?
Dec 12, 2002
Chambly QC
Psycho Joe said:
Just as an aside, Boston Pizza sucks.

They're coming to Quebec... building one not five minutes away from my place, actually (and four others to open in the next couple of months)...

You know, because Quebec doesn't have enough Pizza places. Meh, I'll stick to Pizza Como (since I live on the South Shore and it's the best pizza in Montreal anyway).. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad