Speculation: Flat Cap TML 2020-2021 (Trade Value)

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I don't see Tanev taking less than he is making now. In fact talk out of Vancouver is that he's looking for a raise and that could price him out of Vancouver. I don't see the value in Trading Dermott unless there is a guarantee it was for a D upgrade and with 2 rookies on the D in this line-up I'd be reluctant to get rid of Dermott. There are a lot of unknowns or short sample size players on that roster Barabanov, Mikheyev, Engvall, Liljegren, Sandin, Korskov. I would think a team with cup aspirations would want a little more "known commodity" players but cap is going to be an issue so maybe they have no other options.

I don’t disagree with a lot of your prose, especially that Tanev will look for a raise. Issue with anybody looking for a big contract this summer is most teams are up against a cap crunch and he still has a knock against him-his inability to stay healthy.

I know we have SC aspirations but as said earlier I don’t think it’s worth blowing up the core for one year of financial hardship and think this gives Dubas a pass this coming year by seeing what we got with some kids and players brought in. If a player like Pesce was available then I would consider moving a Marner or Nylander but we both know the Canes wouldn’t consider that IMO.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Obviously you didn’t watch many TML games. Sandin is solid and a better player than Dermott. While the stats may not be impressive Liljegren played a solid defensive game and was usually hung out to dry by his partner Marincin.

Is it ideal no but it’s not like we really have a choice the idea of dismantling our core for one year is not an option IMO.
If he’s so solid why isn’t he still in your lineup lmao

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->