GDT: Flams vs Canes 1PM

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Got some big games before the ASG when we come back from our break. Hope they get the rest that they need to continue their push

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Got some big games before the ASG when we come back from our break. Hope they get the rest that they need to continue their push

Really friggen hate we have to have a break between this streak.
I want the boys to keep rolling.

Reactions: Sk8M8

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Flames now into 2nd place in the division.

u wot m8

LA has 2 games in hand though and San Jose has like 4. LA and San Jose play each other next game so if LA loses San Jose can easily pass LA for 3rd in the divison and kick LA out into the wild card. lol

Sucks about the 5 day break because we have such good momentum and almost everyone comes out of these 5 day breaks and look like poopie.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Really friggen hate we have to have a break between this streak.
I want the boys to keep rolling.
The thing is that every team is gonna be coming back from their be week at around the same time. So while it does get in the way of the momentum we've built up, it's not like we'll be at a direct disadvantage like teams were last year when the breaks were spread out.

Besides our next game anyway would've been a home game and after a grueling road trip, we probably wouldn't have been that sharp anyway. A break will do them good

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames now into 2nd place in the division.

u wot m8

LA has 2 games in hand though and San Jose has like 4. LA and San Jose play each other next game so if LA loses San Jose can easily pass LA for 3rd in the divison and kick LA out into the wild card. lol

Sucks about the 5 day break because we have such good momentum and almost everyone comes out of these 5 day breaks and look like poopie.

Just so you know, Toronto >>>> Calgary still. I just need you to also add that in.

Reactions: OvermanKingGainer

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
@ Oilers lurkers, be assured that our entire board has been warned about liking posts on your board with the intent to troll. This also extends to you. Any liking of posts with the sole intent to troll with be given an immediate warning (infraction) with points. And I have to say, sometimes my comprehension isn’t the best. So if it’s questionable I’ll just go with being on the side of caution and dish out the warning. :)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Silly to get an an infraction for liking a post.. but Edmonton did start it first.

It’s a con to the “liking” system. It’s taking an indirect jab at a fan base. While it may seem harmless on its own, letting it go could really spiral out of control. What seems initially harmless, becomes large numbers of multiple board members engaging in what is essentially a loophole to troll.

The intent is to give praise or recognition to a good post. That is not what is being achieved when being done by a rival fan base. All it accomplishes is adding garbage context on various boards.

Reactions: Janks

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
It’s a con to the “liking” system. It’s taking an indirect jab at a fan base. While it may seem harmless on its own, letting it go could really spiral out of control. What seems initially harmless, becomes large numbers of multiple board members engaging in what is essentially a loophole to troll.

The intent is to give praise or recognition to a good post. That is not what is being achieved when being done by a rival fan base. All it accomplishes is adding garbage context on various boards.

I think it's hilarious personally. No name calling or anything is happening, I just laugh when I see Flames and Oiler fans liking each others posts when they bash themselves. Yeah I guess it's trolling, but it's funny.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I think it's hilarious personally. No name calling or anything is happening, I just laugh when I see Flames and Oiler fans liking each others posts when they bash themselves. Yeah I guess it's trolling, but it's funny.

I think the problem is what it becomes. Specific team boards on HF are for discussion about that team. When a rival fan wonders over to “like” a post, the individual act isn’t a big deal. But then what ends up happening is multiple board members start doing it, then the exact same retaliatory act is then done by the other fan base in response. What ends up happening is escalation, thread derailment and garbage posting.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Overall good game by the boys. Hopefully we come out of the break refreshed and ready to continue the hot streak.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Lots of time to get Monahan back in the line-up now
Hopefully we dont lose Gio on a standing up style hit

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Team is playing with some kind of confidence. Smith and the 6 man D group have been awesome. Really not one of them have had two bad shifts in a row lately. Looks like Treliving’s goal of a deep D core has come to fruition.

Reactions: Janks

Aug 3, 2010
Team is playing with some kind of confidence.
Hey Loubardias, how you doin'?

I was only able to catch the first period due to work, happy to know they were up 2-0 going into the second.

Sounds like the team played a solid game and I didn't have to be concerned about any lack of focus heading into the bye week… now just have to worry about a lack of focus coming out of the bye week.

A shame about that hit to Aho. Kid's one of the few bright spots on offence (or overall) on Carolina but I don't think it was necessarily a dirty hit, although it was a terrible result. No complaints if Giordano is out for a couple of games, because the DoPS do focus on results as much as intent. Otherwise the event just marred what sounded like a solid outing by the boys.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Sounds like the team played a solid game and I didn't have to be concerned about any lack of focus heading into the bye week… now just have to worry about a lack of focus coming out of the bye week.

The good news there, and if I'm not mistaken this is something that they've designed into the schedules this year intentionally, is that we come out of the break to play Winnipeg, who have the exact same 5-day break. So that excuse won't exist and we can expect just as good a chance of winning as if the bye week didn't exist. Really can't complain about the schedule at all as we played three straight games against teams with one foot on the plane for their break, then we come out of the break and play a team also coming out of theirs.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
By the way, I saw about half of the game, and I can't say I was overly impressed by the new-look lines. I didn't have my hopes overly high, but it turns out that Bennett centring Gaudreau isn't some Playstation cheat code after all. I also thought Mangiapane would replace Bennett nicely on that third line due to the Stockton chemistry, but I found they were a notch down from having Bennett on that wing. Not that that is surprising at all, of course, considering the difference in experience and pedigree between Bennett and the Breadmuncher.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
By the way, I saw about half of the game, and I can't say I was overly impressed by the new-look lines. I didn't have my hopes overly high, but it turns out that Bennett centring Gaudreau isn't some Playstation cheat code after all. I also thought Mangiapane would replace Bennett nicely on that third line due to the Stockton chemistry, but I found they were a notch down from having Bennett on that wing. Not that that is surprising at all, of course, considering the difference in experience and pedigree between Bennett and the Breadmuncher.

Considering Bennett's playing centre for the first time in about 35 games; I wasn't in the group that thought he was going to destroy; especially considering that hit hot streak came to an end. I thought the job he did was commendable; solid on both ends, saved a goal, supported the puck well. Given more time I think he could be a Monahan replacement if GG was interested in balancing the lines more (giving Monahan his own line).

Again, Mangi vs Bennett; one's been in the NHL for 3 years now, and the other is still in single digits NHL. You hear it all the time how the kids who come up from the AHL always mention that the speed of the game is different.

I really didn't mind the lineup. I thought everyone played well. The Backs line as always, was dependable as hell. We scored 4 goals, so, there's that too. The 4th line's been excellent. I keep saying it and it's true. Bringing in these young guys who have the chance at sitting or being demoted really gets them going. It forces Stajan to not just be a passenger.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad