GDT: Flams vs Canes 1PM

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I'm not expecting Giordano to change his game, nor do I want him to. But I can understand why some fans would call him careless, and I can respect that opinion a lot more than those that are talking about him like he's a blend of Scott Stevens and Matt Cooke.

I can't understand it. He's had 3 unfortunate hits now in his career against opposing players in 718 games. The f*** are people thinking he is a dirty player for?

Destroying Fowler's knee was completely incidental as well, he lead with his knee because that's the way he was gliding when he changed direction to hit him, he didn't intend on blowing up his knee, because just like the Aho hit, he lead with the shoulder.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Lol stereotype much? You stereotyping all Canes fans/people that thought the hit was dirty into one category does not give yourself a better light than those that are calling for Gio's heads.
Trump won both of the Carolinas, so statistically speaking the majority of them likely did vote for Trump. It was also a joke, I apologize if it was too complex for you to understand.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
I feel bad about the injury but the main cause of injury in that sequence is all on Aho. He doesn’t have his head buried watching his toe drag and he sees Gio planted directly in his path. He doesn’t try the toe drag and he braces for the collision. No head injury, his stance isn’t wide and low and he comes back on the ice for the next shift.

(Likely, this isn’t an unusual hit)

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I can't understand it. He's had 3 unfortunate hits now in his career against opposing players in 718 games. The **** are people thinking he is a dirty player for?

Destroying Fowler's knee was completely incidental as well, he lead with his knee because that's the way he was gliding when he changed direction to hit him, he didn't intend on blowing up his knee, because just like the Aho hit, he lead with the shoulder.
Being careless =/= being malicious. That's why I am saying I can understand if some fans feel that way. I'm not going to necessarily agree with them, but if you try to see it from their side of things, you can understand why they (namely Ducks or Canes fans, which is who I was dealing with yesterday) feel that way. You don't need to agree with a position to understand it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad