GDT: Flams @ Nucks Volume 3: The Consistently Inconsistent Flames (8:00 PM)

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Me to Van fans after their excitement with their team tying it under a minute earlier:

proxy-image

Reactions: Tofveve

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
This was a bad game. Hopefully Backlund comes back on Wednesday so we can shuffle the forward lines and get it going. Gaudreau's hasn't been this deadly since 2019 and we've seen this story from Monahan too many times before. Tkachuk is still fighting it hard while Lindholm is a goal machine right now. Separating those duos is a must

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
That game was enjoyable from start to finish aside from the penalties. Mackey is apart of that, but otherwise he isn't bad. Looks comfortable and there's no part of his game that stands out as poor. Even for a game where I thought Gaudreau struggled handling the puck he finds ways to make himself dangerous. Tkachuk also looked engaged. All in all it was a classic bounce back game from the team, and being able to reconnect with a 3rd line that works, and actually putting Mangiapane into the top 6 were the big things. I don't think Mangi necessarily caused them to preform well, but I think that his play is a lot more suited to the grind, cycle, dish style of play that Tkachuk thrives on. I just love Mangiapane no matter what.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Boy, I was super pissed off when they tied the game.

Cheered up considerably when we scored the winner.

I do not understand giving the puck to them so willingly with the PP. I don't think I will ever understand.

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Phat Ras was great tonight. Jussy V struggled on the PP but was otherwise really solid. Mackey had some good moments gaining possession but some brutal penalties. Still want to see Kylington.
I don’t think Mackey deserves to come out of the line up. Fairly solid play minus the penalties. All the other defence men are playing decent, minus Giordano, whom will not get benched.

Would another (competent) coaching staff play Kylington as a 7th D since Buddy/Rinaldo/etc hardly play?

You could tailor the defence’s minutes more appropriately and give well performing forwards a few extra shifts.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
The Flames actually was the worse team in all 3 games so far to a lottery team. Luckily the canucks have the 2nd best goalie. You have to be blind to think ward is making progress

not sure if I want to celebrate

Last edited:

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t think Mackey deserves to come out of the line up. Fairly solid play minus the penalties. All the other defence men are playing decent, minus Giordano, whom will not get benched.

Would another (competent) coaching staff play Kylington as a 7th D since Buddy/Rinaldo/etc hardly play?

You could tailor the defence’s minutes more appropriately and give well performing forwards a few extra shifts.

kylington can probably play better forward than those guys

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Obviously a better effort than Saturday, but that isn't saying much. This dump and chase stuff doesn't work well for most of our team.. I feel it works for lines 2 and 3, while line 1 gets crushed when they do it. Also, not a huge fan of how our D scheme is just to collapse and keep shit to the outside, as it gives up the zone way to easy, while the other team clogs the zone and kills our breakout. We're really lucky to have Markstrom, as he's buying us time to figure shit out, which can't be said for Edmonton and Vancouver.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The Flames actually was the worse team in all 3 games so far to a lottery team. Luckily the canucks have the 2nd best goalie. You have to be blind to think ward is making progress

not sure if I want to celebrate

Seriously. This team has maybe 3 wins without Markstrom.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
Aside from the penalties I’ve actually really liked Mackey’s game. He’s made some great outlets and a nice pass to Andersson in the OZ.

Id be more upset with Johnny for the one stupid penalty than any of Mackey’s.

I agree. Just his 2nd game in NHL ever and you can see the confidence increase from game one to game two. He looks and carries himself like an NHLer. He also looks bigger than 6'2" to me. I really like our size back on D. If Mackey can emerge and with Nesterov, Kylington and Stone in the press box maybe Brad will actually trade for a top 9 forward this trade deadline instead of grabbing more defencemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad