GDT: Flaming Cs vs. Cetaceous Cs: HDIC at 8pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
giphy.gif

That is more like it, Flames. Great game of hockey.

Last edited:

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Even though the Flames have been awful if they do squeak into the playoffs I think they win a 7 game series against any Pacific team that's not Vegas.

More of a function of how awful the Pacific is rather than us being any good but, a positive none the less.

Agreed.

Boomstick

Oct 29, 2003
St. Catharines, Ontario
Visit site
Even though the Flames have been awful if they do squeak into the playoffs I think they win a 7 game series against any Pacific team that's not Vegas.

More of a function of how awful the Pacific is rather than us being any good but, a positive none the less.
I hope you're right, but my confidence is shot with this bunch. Tonight's win caught me completely off guard.
If we would have played with more heart and desperation for the last week we may have had a better shot vs San Jose and Nashville.
This team can be good, but it can be bad as well. Unfortunately we've seen more bad than good for a real long time.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That was a big boy response.
They have to play that way moving forward. The D looked so damn solid. That's with the leader and Hammer missing most of the game.

That top line looked great, and Looch looked all kinds of engaged.

If Calgary could play like that more often, they'd run away with the Pacific... getting the effort from them like this has been difficult.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Hanifin 24 minutes tonight, most with Andersson.

Looked like a completely different player tonight. For the love of Christ ****ing Almighty, keep this pair together or at the very least away from Hamonic.

Noah Hanifin is a stud. I don't even care what some of the knee-jerkers on this board say.
He was a force tonight, saw good from him in all three zones and at all three game situations (5v5, PP, PK).

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
lol @ the Pettersson highlight reel they showed, all I saw was a pissy kid having temper tantrum after temper tantrum after getting big dog'd.
He wasn't complaining that much, but he was legitimately hurting after some of those and heading back to the bench. Not sure there's much to admonish him for given he was playing through some form of injury and taking a bit of a beating doing it.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think Gio's been alright defensively but his offensive game has fallen off a cliff. Honestly someone like Kylington on the top pairing could work with how good Brodie has been. And then give Gio pure shutdown minutes

A Kylington - Brodie pair would be pretty suffocating! I'd be open to try it. But I think Gio needs Brodie as his partner. Neither Andersson nor Hamonic nor Stone can skate like Brodie. So personally I would do

Giordano - Brodie
Kylington - Andersson
Valimaki - (Vatanen)

Hanifin had a good game tonight and I hope that helps maximize his trade value in a legitimate hockey trade.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Really liked Andy's game tonight. Definitely been given a green light to jump into the rush more and its been amazing. Speed isn't a big strength, but absolutely love his edges (can say the same for Brodie and Hanifin as well tbh). Always seems to make the smart play and have good positioning.

Put him in a PP role as a QB and I wouldn't be surprised to see a few 40-50 pt seasons in the future.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Much needed win. Hopefully this is the turning point and our offense comes back to life, but I wouldn't bet on it. Hanifin went beast mode last night.. he has loads of potential and still young enough that he could put it all together. It's pretty pathetic how crappy our division is lol.. We still have a shot to take first in the division or not even make the playoffs, which is strange at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad