GDT: Flames / Yotes, 2:00 MT SNET-F

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Coyotes could make a lot of noise in the playoffs. They're extremely well coached.

Sometimes I wonder if our team is built on a foundation of shit. On paper we should be cruising right now but this team totally lacks any sort of work ethic or heart. For the right price I would part with just about anyone from this team

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
The Coyotes could make a lot of noise in the playoffs. They're extremely well coached.

Sometimes I wonder if our team is built on a foundation of ****. On paper we should be cruising right now but this team totally lacks any sort of work ethic or heart. For the right price I would part with just about anyone from this team

Are we really that good on paper? So many glaring issues with the lineup and overrated players like Hammer and Bennett.

Reactions: viper0220 and DFF

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I dunno. That was a frustrating game. Flames just couldn't cash in on anything. They had some good stretches and also some real sloppy ones.

Onto Vegas.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It's mid November. What kind of fan are you?

This team is broken since last Feb. Thats 9 months in my simple math.

I think they just fluke out for about 40 games last year that got everyone fooled thinking it's a contender.

Reactions: viper0220

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
It's mid November. What kind of fan are you?

I'm all for winning games but you look at the elite centers - like MacKinnon, Eichel, McDavid, Crosby, Barkov, Malkin, Pettersson, Matthews, etc and it's no coincidence where they were drafted. Especially since the closest thing we have to a Toews tier 1C is Sam Bennett and we're too dumb to even see that, just like when Peters managed to turn Eric Staal into a scrub.

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Just such a flat footed team.. you watch other teams play and they're always moving and cycling, while the Flames just stand around and wait for the puck. Then we have a gaffe or two a game, which always leads to goals.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Are we really that good on paper? So many glaring issues with the lineup and overrated players like Hammer and Bennett.

Hammer had about 60 games of solid play for this team. Otherwise, he has been very pedestrian going back to his last season with the islanders. Stay the duck away from an extension. He’s an above average bottom pairing dman at this point.

Jankowski and Frolik falling off a cliff makes things even worse. Even with the struggles of the top line, our team wouldn’t be in this position if they weren’t playing like horseshit.

Reactions: Calculon

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Hammer had about 60 games of solid play for this team. Otherwise, he has been very pedestrian going back to his last season with the islanders. Stay the duck away from an extension. He’s an above average bottom pairing dman at this point.

Jankowski and Frolik falling off a cliff makes things even worse. Even with the struggles of the top line, our team wouldn’t be in this position if they weren’t playing like horse****.

Hammer is a good guy...people are confused between good guy and good player. Even when he was an Isles, he sucked the season before he was traded to us. He was available all year long until BT foolishly overpaid for him. He is what he is, a glorified Derek Engelland.

Reactions: viper0220
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary

Jankowski and Frolik falling off a cliff makes things even worse. Even with the struggles of the top line, our team wouldn’t be in this position if they weren’t playing like horse****.

Just a real lack of creating anything high danger. We just stick to the perimeter and hope for tips.. not even sure if Monahan has a goal for his usual high danger areas in the slot this year, which is his bread and butter. So frustrating to have last season go well for the most part and then revert back to mediocrity, while having dudes like Lucic on the team that eat up the cap to find any help.. maybe Tre is fired this year even with the extension.

Janks

Pope Janks
Jan 7, 2010
Calgary
Missed the game, but doesn’t look like I missed much. On the bright side, got some Pink Whitney finally.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It’s almost like a throwback to our Sutter teams where we have zero skilled forwards outside of like 2-3 players.
Johnny can't pass any more and his favorite hockey move is the low percentage shot at the side of the net

I do not think we even have 2-3 good players any more...at least Sutter had iggy

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Johnny can't pass any more and his favorite hockey move is the low percentage shot at the side of the net

I do not think we even have 2-3 good players any more...at least Sutter had iggy

Iginla alone carried this team, this right now is just depressing.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Vegas, Colorado (possibly with Rantanen back) and St Louis next.

Should be fun

Would not be surprised to see us at 10-12-3 at the end of next week.

We're only in a wildcard spot right now 'cause we've played 3-4 more games than everyone else.

Reactions: super6646

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I only got to watch this game starting at the Soderberg goal celebration.

Honestly, the Flames played a great game from then on. They are seriously snakebitten. Monahan all year this year has made a habit of flubbing opportunities that he has now a significant track record of burying; it's the weirdest thing. I tuned in and one of the first things I see is a chance where Monahan gets the puck point blank and misses the net.

This could go one of two ways based on what we've seen from this core. Either their good play will lead to results, as they'll have a breakout game, the floodgates will open, and we'll chuckle about this rough patch later, or else they will become demoralized by the lack of finish right now, stop doing the good things they've been doing, and end up getting blown out. I... hope for the best. Frustrating as hell as a fan when the team can't score.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
The problem with this team will always circle back to not tanking for enough years.
Calgary essentially pulled the pin on a rebuild three years in, they only got Tkachuk because they weren't as good as they thought. Without him, this team would be lotto bad. We never got our elite 1C, and we'll always be playing from behind because of it.

Monahan isn't a 1C you can win with.
Backlund, while a great defensive 2C, isn't a guy a talent like Tkachuk should be playing with.
Ryan is a fine bottom 6C
Jankowski is barely an NHL talent.

The closest thing we have to a top line centre is Lindy... the problem is when you start shifting around it exposes other players.

Dunno. Calgary needs a great veteran here. Not a Lucic who'll play a few minutes a night, but a guy who's been a major player in this league (and still is) who can show these younger guys what it takes every night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad