GDT: Flames @ Wild, Jan 5 2020, 5:00 MT

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
It's what I remember. As a rookie, he had that highlight reel goal against Pittsburgh where he toe-dragged Ian Cole, and his fourth goal against Florida involved a drag through his legs, but despite working, they always looked a bit awkward to me. Having good hands is less about pulling off moves as it is about being able to adjust extremely quickly as stick-blade positioning changes on both sides of the puck. Bennett doesn't read the play on a large- or small-scale very quickly, so to do anything with his hands he needs to plan it out in advance and have everything go according to that plan.

I would definitely put Derek Ryan above him in the hands department.
At present, with regards to the bolded, I would agree.

With regards to the italicized, I agree as well. However, Bennett did have this ability. I mean he was a 4th overall pick. More often than not, top 5 picks have above-average hands in the league and I don't think it's debatable that Bennett was one of them.

2015-17 Bennett looks worlds different to 2018-20 Bennett. His confidence looks crushed and with that, his hands have gone as well.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Looking at the fancy stats the Flames were the better team throughout, but those goals right after ours kind of alluded we were playing like ass. Still, the top guys have to be better if we hope to make the playoffs, as we barely squeeked out wins against two teams lower than us.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
At present, with regards to the bolded, I would agree.

With regards to the italicized, I agree as well. However, Bennett did have this ability. I mean he was a 4th overall pick. More often than not, top 5 picks have above-average hands in the league and I don't think it's debatable that Bennett was one of them.

2015-17 Bennett looks worlds different to 2018-20 Bennett. His confidence looks crushed and with that, his hands have gone as well.

It's time to mabe like for a trade for another underperforming highend pick. At this point Bennett has been passed on the depth charts and need a new home.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I had to hop out to do some renos on my place after the 2nd period so I wasn't able to follow the game in real time.

I'm glad they pulled off the win though. :)

Reactions: Tofveve

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I had to hop out to do some renos on my place after the 2nd period so I wasn't able to follow the game in real time.

I'm glad they pulled off the win though. :)
You need to stop watching the flames. You are the main problem to their losing streak.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett looks like he has given up. His upside is Blake comeau now. Draft position means nothing. For God sake, the guy premier skill is the toe drag. That is such a junior move. They should have known he can't get away with that in the NHL.

Whatever hope I had left for him is gone
..sadly

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
You need to stop watching the flames. You are the main problem to their losing streak.

I don't think it's that simple... part of what I was doing was vacuuming, so I guess it's more like I just need to make sure sucking happens elsewhere?

Reactions: Janks

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Rieder - Jankowski - Mangiapane were lowkey very good together in the third period with their sustained zone pressure and actual generation of chances.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad