GDT: Flames vs Sharks, 7:00 MT Feb 4, 2020

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Not finishing is kinda problem, dont you think?

not that we have not seen this movie before.
Absolutely it is. And we have seen the opposite movie before even more often. Hell, last game they scored more goals than they deserved.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Absolutely it is. And we have seen the opposite movie before even more often. Hell, last game they scored more goals than they deserved.

Yeah but I feel like we are in the second half of Glenn Gulutzan's last season. That's the movie I was referring to. Without a coach change and some major moves, I dont think this can be turned around.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Just gonna throw it out there that this isn’t actually the worst year to have a top 10 pick.
Not at all (great draft imo) but this years west is so bad that we would have to be horribad down the stretch to miss the playoffs significantly.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I guess the good news is most Flames fans seem to have gotten past the point of letting Ward's incredibly unsustainable start cloud their judgement of him as a coach.

Horrible.

I'm sure CP is telling you to f*** off right now...

You aren't wrong btw, but there is more to it than that imo. The pace in which they play is actually really pathetic rn.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Even if it’s a decent year to tank, this is the Flames we’re talking about. They’ll decide to play down the homestretch and probably just miss the playoffs.

I was soooo close to forgetting how it felt to cheer for a mediocre team, too good to be true I guess

Reactions: FlamerForLife

bladewatcher

Apr 7, 2019
Truly pathetic. I'd rather watch eager minor league-ers led by inventive volunteer coaches. Players - adopt some heart. Coaches - give consideration to mass-resignation. General Manager - when you (soon) get drastic, in fear of your employment, please don't sink things for years to come.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Even if it’s a decent year to tank, this is the Flames we’re talking about. They’ll decide to play down the homestretch and probably just miss the playoffs.

I was soooo close to forgetting how it felt to cheer for a mediocre team, too good to be true I guess

Yup. I actually had expectations last year.

Reactions: tmurfin

NoMoSnow

Apr 13, 2018
Las Vegas
The options for tonite's viewing....1) potentially another upsetting game by the Flames....2) potentially upsetting State of the Union address....3) "Murder She Wrote" marathon. One of these things is not like the others. Decisions, decisions. Thank goodness for single malt.
So Jessica Fletcher was able to figure out all murders. She's amazing! I obviously didn't watch the Trump speech or the Calgary game. How did the Flames do? I am led to believe that this was an important game and everyone would be on board to give their bestest efforts. I'm sorry I missed that.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
So Jessica Fletcher was able to figure out all murders. She's amazing! I obviously didn't watch the Trump speech or the Calgary game. How did the Flames do? I am led to believe that this was an important game and everyone would be on board to give their bestest efforts. I'm sorry I missed that.
After the fourth or fifth episode, did you suspect that Ms. Fletcher was possibly a serial killer?

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
The bread and butter of this team last season was the transition game - which is now completely non existent. There is absolutely no cohesion on this roster from top to bottom. I am actually shocked at just how much we have fallen off in just a years time.

Watching the final 40 minutes of last nights game was one of least enjoyable experiences I have had in a while. It was nothing short of painful. There is something fundamentally wrong with the makeup of not only the roster, but the coaching staff as well.

I can't name one single player that has stood out in a positive manner for any consistent stretch of time. The effort, execution, and overall sloppiness demonstrated this season (and quite frankly dating back to post all star break last season) is mind boggling.

The talent is there - which is the most frustrating part of this all. We have seen just how good this team can be when they are rolling.. but no one is playing up to their abilities.

It's funny how we went from a coach who would never touch the lines - to a coach that can't keep a line together for more than a period at a time.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Why do you guys post Flames threads on the main boards? It literally just an opportunity for rival fans to throw drive-by potshots. I cringe whenever I see something Flames on that board because it's always the same 20 Oilers fans, 5 Canucks, and a few Avs fans having a circlejerk. Dae Kneeordano turtlechuk, Johnny small hahahhah? Is it an S&M thing lol?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->