GDT: Flames vs Sabres - 5:30 PM - SNET960 - SNET West

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Bennett!!!!

As an aside does anyone know how they hand out assists in the NHL. It seems that as long as you were on the ice in the last 5 minutes before a goal they will give you an assist.

Johnson clearly hit that puck out to Bennett with his stick how does anyone get an assist there?
It's interesting because the Pittsburgh scorers didn't give Gaudreau an assist last game when he got poke-checked. Poke checks are a bit of a grey area as to whether they represent controlled play of the puck or not. And usually with goalies I think they generally ignore their touches of the puck.

But if you want to see pity assists, watch an Oilers game in Edmonton. From Sam Gagner's "8-point night" to Connor McDavid's "100 point season" (which featured two phantom assists), they generally don't consider clearing attempts to be possession.

EDIT: Actually, looks like they did go back and retroactively credit Gaudreau with the assist. I thought it was a bit mean not to give him one on that play.

Last edited:

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
That rush right there is textbook Bennett, yet I don’t know what he has to change to make it better.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Not one person has lauded it as an accomplishment. Most people are just happy he scored. Only one person had something negative to say about this latest Janko goal.

And that person is a genius and was bang on in his assessment.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
And that person is a genius and was bang on in his assessment.

tenor.gif

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Completely forgot this was an early game. Glad we had a good first

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Brady Tkachuk for Brodie.

Brodie wouldn't return Tkachuk. We are more likely to lose Matthew because he wants to play with his brother than get Brady.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Plus Brady isn't close to worth Brodie.

I would much rather use Brodie to get us a player that will actually help the team, not a guy that has a last name that we like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->