GDT: Flames vs Red Wings | 7PM MST, SN360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I was writing the game day thread as well...

Tonight at 7pm the Calgary Flames take on the Red Wings at the old Leather Horse Seat Dome. Both teams are sitting in the last WC spot for their respective conference and both placements are surprising at their placement but for different reasons. Sure, the season is young, like my last GF, ... Not illegal young, that's wrong and against the law. Sorry, not the NHL season, but my last GF... She really tuckered me out. I think it was due to our diets, for example, sometimes I didn't eat enough fruits and vegetables and my energy was a bit down. You know when you really want that cheeseburger with fries instead of a salad? Yeah, that was me. Also, ketchup isn't a good enough substitute.

Go Flames.

Calgary Flames

FORWARDS

Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Sam Bennett - Derek Ryan - Andrew Mangiapane
Milan Lucic - Mark Jankowski - Austin Czarnik
DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Oliver Kylington - Rasmus Andersson
GOALTENDER
David Rittich

Detroit Red Wings

No idea and I'm not your mother. Google it.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Love that Lucic is on the 4th line and away from Eatbread.

Guy is a total waste of a roster space.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Positive thoughts only
It worked last time sooooo

Backlund's foot is alive so he's playing :)

GFG!

Backlund is injured and that much is clear(it is more than the foot), if we had another center of Backlund's caliber or better the centers would be:

Monahan
Other center of Backlund's caliber or better.
Ryan

This is assuming that Mark Jankowski is traded in the deal for the center of Backlund's caliber or better.

But unfortunately, we don't have that and Backlund cannot be rested and is playing.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Thought the Sabaton concert was tonight, it's actually Saturday so I can watch tonight's game.

So we'll obviously lose badly.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Detroit seems to have a pretty decent club this year. Some good scoring power.

We've got to get going. I think our first line isn't playing like what they can yet, so let's see if they can get rolling and put some points on the board with some consistency. Overall our scoring is down everywhere and we can certainly do better.

Go Flames, burn those tires!

giphy.gif

Last edited:

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
We need to mentally mark our opponents, leave a statement. This is the one. 7:2 to the Flames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad