GDT: Flames vs Oilers Rookie Game (Red Deer)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I hate Starrett. No skill no nothing

Really? I saw him pretty good last game. He'll never be an impact guy but he skates well for a big dude and pays attention defensively. Plays C or W and is apparently good on the draw. Could carve out a fourth line career one day.

Was playing well until that no talent genital wart Onyebuchi mugged him.

He has skill enough to get drafted 3rd round not that long ago.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Climbed for 12 years. I got out when I was 34. Very dangerous job. I’ve had some dandy injuries over the years. U r correct though when you are on top of pole. It is very peaceful when you lean back and take in the sites

It was a dangerous job but I think that was part of the reason I liked it. Towards the end of my 18 months on the job I was scampering up the pole like it was nothing. Considering how scared I was the first few months getting to that point felt very liberating. Its interesting to me to look at the current generation who by and large avoid discomfort (because of how they are educated) without understanding that entering into discomfort is self liberating.
It shouldnt be avoided but in fact it should be embraced.
In any event I knew when it was time to move on. I saw what the future held for the men who stayed in that line of work and it didnt interest me at all. I was 27 when I moved on...a little younger than you were.
You were smart to get out.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It was a dangerous job but I think that was part of the reason I liked it. Towards the end of my 18 months on the job I was scampering up the pole like it was nothing. Considering how scared I was the first few months getting to that point felt very liberating. Its interesting to me to look at the current generation who by and large avoid discomfort (because of how they are educated) without understanding that entering into discomfort is self liberating.
It shouldnt be avoided but in fact it should be embraced.
In any event I knew when it was time to move on. I saw what the future held for the men who stayed in that line of work and it didnt interest me at all. I was 27 when I moved on...a little younger than you were.
You were smart to get out.

Yes but I’m still working around high voltages and high pressure lines.
I think it was more stressful being an Oiler fan when Chiarelli was GM. Man I’m glad he is gone. Give Holland 2 years people, he will clean this up. I’ll be out to Edmonton for a Stanley Cup parade

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Really? I saw him pretty good last game. He'll never be an impact guy but he skates well for a big dude and pays attention defensively. Plays C or W and is apparently good on the draw. Could carve out a fourth line career one day.

Was playing well until that no talent genital wart Onyebuchi mugged him.

He has skill enough to get drafted 3rd round not that long ago.
Maybe that first game made him and others rusty. Let’s see what he does tonight

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I used to be a masonry labor, climbing up and down scaffolding all the time when not erecting it and taking it down. Also have fear of heights, but its a misnomer. Everybody SHOULD be reasonably fearful of it because you always lose in any falls.. Its not a phobia, its healthy fear.

I learned to like it, and always liked the view and fresh air.

Those were good times. A kid making 15 bucks/hr was a lot then and rent was around 350 bucks.

I could work for 5mths and afford to go to University, pay my way, and pay my annual expenses. Try doing that now.

U have to sell drugs on the side now to Pay for college .
I agree with you on respecting your fears. I fished lobster for years here in NS. You have to respect the ocean but you have to respect, but show him who is boss, the lobsters in the trap. Those creatures can break your finger no problem at all. U can’t be a chicken sticking your hand in the traps

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
U have to sell drugs on the side now to Pay for college .
I agree with you on respecting your fears. I fished lobster for years here in NS. You have to respect the ocean but you have to respect, but show him who is boss, the lobsters in the trap. Those creatures can break your finger no problem at all. U can’t be a chicken sticking your hand in the traps
People who don’t have fears like heights or the oceans are the ones who get hurt.

Some days my job requires me to be at heights of up to 40 feet on a ladder/scaffolding, not a huge fan of heights.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
People who don’t have fears like heights or the oceans are the ones who get hurt.

Some days my job requires me to be at heights of up to 40 feet on a ladder/scaffolding, not a huge fan of heights.
U have to respect but not be scared. Scared people get hurt
As for Yams, hopefully this wrist problem fixes itself . Seen him play last year against Bruins. He scored that game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad