GDT: Flames vs. Kings, Saturday Night Fever (07/12, 8:00)

Ginger Papa

Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Phew, we win. They're net was the size of a BB.

Good game boys! We're on a roll!
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
With Dube seemingly breaking out, I wonder what Bennett will look like under Ward.

I really hope he puts Bennett with Dubes, I think they have huge potential together with their speed. That means you take Lucic off that line which I guess sucks 'cause he doesn't really deserve a demotion to line two, but if Bennett can break out like Dube is doing than Flames are laughing to the bank.

Khrox

May 31, 2018
With Dube seemingly breaking out, I wonder what Bennett will look like under Ward.
Almost got to wonder if our 4th line will look like Reider-Bennett-Czar and basically run 2 third lines? And maybe double shift Bennett on the third with Dube and Ryan every now and then?

Turning Mangiapanese

Jun 18, 2011
Ryan is a ****ing maker. Seriously, he turned Mangi and Hathaway into gold last year and now the same with Dube and Lucic. I want him to retire a flame.
Ryan and Dube are just two damn smart hockey players, and even Lucic doesn't look half bad as the third wheel on that line. Keep this one out of the blender for a while, Geoff.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

I really hope he puts Bennett with Dubes, I think they have huge potential together with their speed. That means you take Lucic off that line which I guess sucks 'cause he doesn't really deserve a demotion to line two, but if Bennett can break out like Dube is doing than Flames are laughing to the bank.

I'd like him to take Mangi's spot with Lindholm and Chucky.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I'd like him to take Mangi's spot with Lindholm and Chucky.
That's a tough one. Mangi has played very well and had a couple of good chances last night. I'd be tempted to start Benny as the 4LW flanking Reider (who looked very good at C last night) and Frolik.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
That's a tough one. Mangi has played very well and had a couple of good chances last night. I'd be tempted to start Benny as the 4LW flanking Reider (who looked very good at C last night) and Frolik.
That pretty much kill whatever left of Bennett career. Neither rieder or frolik can score to save their career.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
That pretty much kill whatever left of Bennett career. Neither rieder or frolik can score to save their career.
The way I look at it is that the 4 line is seeing more and more ice time. The Reider/Frolik combo was very effective last night attacking with speed. Something we haven't seen with Jankowski. Adding a speedy winger, whether it is Mangiapane or Bennett, would make a good line IMO. A line that could play more minutes should others lag.

Arguably, both Dube and Mangiapane have passed Benny by. I like Bennett a lot, but time is running out for him. Despite the grit that he brings to the team, he could be enticing trade bait. You could break up the Lucic/Ryan/Dube line I suppose by dropping Looch down, but as the old adage goes, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Last edited:

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
Are we making moves to win or are we trying to save Bennett's career? Personally I think he and Mangiapane are close on the depth chart (both guys you'd want on the third line) but Mangiapane has earned a spot by playing well, and Bennett will have to go through the same thing Mangiapane went through of playing with not as great players to show that he has what it takes to play with Lindholm and Tkachuk. After Mangiapane has earned his chance I think it'd be wrong to drop him to the 4th line because of Bennett's career

Reactions: Karri Ramone

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Are we making moves to win or are we trying to save Bennett's career? Personally I think he and Mangiapane are close on the depth chart (both guys you'd want on the third line) but Mangiapane has earned a spot by playing well, and Bennett will have to go through the same thing Mangiapane went through of playing with not as great players to show that he has what it takes to play with Lindholm and Tkachuk. After Mangiapane has earned his chance I think it'd be wrong to drop him to the 4th line because of Bennett's career
I see Mange as more of a career 3rd line guy that can play up and down when needed. I'd agree that he's earned some extra playing time this year, but he will have to keep earning it. He had a lot of giveaways last night, and seems to fall down quite a bit.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Mazatt

Apr 30, 2019
I see Mange as more of a career 3rd line guy that can play up and down when needed. I'd agree that he's earned some extra playing time this year, but he will have to keep earning it. He had a lot of giveaways last night, and seems to fall down quite a bit.
Very true. I think he's a good fill in as a third wheeler on a 2nd line, but he needs to be a lot stronger on his skates to be really great. I noticed early on last night, in line with the giveaways, that he just wasn't moving the puck with force. He was either trying to do a soft touch pass that got read or didn't go anywhere, or he just didn't get the puck out hard. Either way, we need to maintain a strong message that you earn your spot on the lineup and I think that other than last night. If Bennett comes in and forechecks hard and plays a fundamentally strong game, I see no reason that he won't be playing with Tkachuk and Lindholm. Just prefer Mangiapane there until that happens.

I'd like to see a line of Mangiapane - Bennett - Czarnik
Once everyone's healthy that feels like a solid 4th line, but I gotta wonder where other players go to make that happen. Assuming we keep everything else the same do we try and get Rieder/whoever to play with Chucky and Lindholm, or do we swap around everything again?

Reactions: Schred

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->