GDT: Flames vs Kings 8:30 PM

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Good fight back after an atrocious opening to the third. Glad we got an unexpected point. Frustrated we're basically dead in the water once ot starts.

Reactions: Boomstick

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
Why we paying 8 mil to those bums Coleman and Mangiapanne??? Both horrible and the old yogurt keeps playing them together high minutes.

Yet Ruzicka still being in the dog house.

Mangiapanne shouldn't been even on the 4th line he is that bad.

Check Milano's stats, not good enough eh?

Reactions: Tofveve

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
I dunno whatever. Team sucked for 60% of that game so take the point. Like that they didn't just roll over and die after 2 quick GA in the 3rd. Really felt the win was there to be had, hate leaving points on the board against a divisional opponent.

Good : Toffoli again was excellent. Always figured he was gone after this season but starting to wonder if the Flames explore re-signing him. If they can get him at what he's making now I'd definitely be alright with it. Hanifin burped one up in the dzone but was otherwise really good. He needs to use those quick feet to take it down low more consistently.

Mostly good : Zadorov I liked.. Another strong night for the MBC line possession wise. Didn't score but came close a cpl times. Mangiapane struggling in the finishing department right now. Andersson, Lindholm. Vladar was strong other than popping up the rebound for their 3rd goal. Lucic another point, generally was moving alright.

Come on shoot it : Huberdeau playing shinny out there. This team needs him to be their offensive catalyst and that involves scoring goals as well as passing. Scored a goal and actually handled the puck well otherwise but those two plays in OT.... sheesh

Meh : Dube, Kadri. Did lots of skating around real fast and not a whole lot landed. Ruz was just ok, not sure what he did to deserve 4th line duty.

Not good : Tanev-Weegar pairing, I just don't think these two complement each other that well despite what the analytics say. God I wish Kylington would come back already so we can figure out where to put these guys. Lewis was uncharacteristically running around in this one.

Bad : Ritchie & Stone. Plugs being plugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Unlimited Chequing

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Pretty painful watching Stone the last while. Seems to cost us a goal or 2 every game. Split up the RH pair. Play Mackey with Tanev and Z with Weegar.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I dunno whatever. Team sucked for 60% of that game so take the point. Like that they didn't just roll over and die after 2 quick GA in the 3rd. Really felt the win was there to be had, hate leaving points on the board against a divisional opponent.

Good : Toffoli again was excellent. Always figured he was gone after this season but starting to wonder if the Flames explore re-signing him. If they can get him at what he's making now I'd definitely be alright with it. Hanifin burped one up in the dzone but was otherwise really good. He needs to use those quick feet to take it down low more consistently.

Mostly good : Zadorov I liked.. Another strong night for the MBC line possession wise. Didn't score but came close a cpl times. Mangiapane struggling in the finishing department right now. Andersson, Lindholm. Vladar was strong other than popping up the rebound for their 3rd goal. Lucic another point, generally was moving alright.

Come on shoot it : Huberdeau playing shinny out there. This team needs him to be their offensive catalyst and that involves scoring goals as well as passing. Scored a goal and actually handled the puck well otherwise but those two plays in OT.... sheesh

Meh : Dube, Kadri. Did lots of skating around real fast and not a whole lot landed. Ruz was just ok, not sure what he did to deserve 4th line duty.

Not good : Tanev-Weegar pairing, I just don't think these two complement each other that well despite what the analytics say. God I wish Kylington would come back already so we can figure out where to put these guys. Lewis was uncharacteristically running around in this one.

Bad : Ritchie & Stone. Plugs being plugs.
Toffoli has another year

Reactions: Bounces R Way

Puk44

May 7, 2022
Is it possible to win a game in OT?
Without seing statistics, I could bet that the Flames are, by far, the worst team in OT this season, until now. Ffs...

eternalflame2016

Nov 3, 2018
Is it possible to win a game in OT?
Without seing statistics, I could bet that the Flames are, by far, the worst team in OT this season, until now. Ffs...
I realise this was probably retorical, but just in case you wondered. We're joint 30th in OT according to statmuse. In OT we have won 2 and lost 7, same as Detroit. Flyers have lost 7 out of 7 of their OT games and Carolina have lost 6 out of 6

Tonight was also the first time LA have won in OT this season giving them 1 win and 5 losses, I'll leave it up to you to decide if that's better than 2 wins and 7 losses

flames23

Mar 11, 2010
Burnaby
Fwiw Hubie was obviously aware of his overpassing in ot so the good news is we will see him shooting more in those spots (I think). He'll still use his hands to set others up a lot, but I think when he has two very good scoring chances back to back if pass #1 doesn't work maybe go to the shot on #2.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Huberdeau makes me miss Johnny Gaudreau

He is a mini Tkachuk with his fancy trick passes. Useless at driving plays

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
That might have been Huberdeau's best game. The overpassing is frustrating but all of those plays only happened because he was doing the right things leading up to those points. Now, Imagine the lanes that would be created if he decided to shoot with any regularity (like he was last year). When he does that not only he becomes far more dangerous to defend, but so do his teammates. Hanifin was electric. He should be given the green light to roam around more often.

A win tonight makes this a very successful road trip. Just do what you have to do against a much inferior opponent.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That might have been Huberdeau's best game. The overpassing is frustrating but all of those plays only happened because he was doing the right things leading up to those points. Now, Imagine the lanes that would be created if he decided to shoot with any regularity (like he was last year). When he does that not only he becomes far more dangerous to defend, but so do his teammates. Hanifin was electric. He should be given the green light to roam around more often.

A win tonight makes this a very successful road trip. Just do what you have to do against a much inferior opponent.
The absolute truth right here. Not getting chances is way worse than not scoring on your chances in terms of long term outlook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad