Post-Game Talk: Flames vs Jarry| Shootout loss | Flame cooked Penguin

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
The PP stuff is bizarre. The Powerplay is awful. We can put him in there and hope it helps him out, but instead we are playing Carter like 20+ mins a night.

HURHURHUR you said "PP stuff."

I dunno, man. You aren't wrong. As far as Carter goes it's like the team actually bought in to the asinine meme legend stuff from last season. When in reality he's older than the guys this fanbase routinely wants to trade away for magic beans and was never as talented. None of that is to say I don't appreciate him. I do. Just would be nice to take some steps to keep him fresh or ease his workload instead of piling the minutes on and sticking him with an absolutely abysmal, chemistry-devoid duo for linemates. Oh well. That will be Malkin's problem soon enough.

I would say there is nothing wrong with bumping Carter down for a couple of weeks and letting a younger guy like like Blueger take more minutes but that would require making changes to the lineup and that would make the universe grind to a halt or something.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I dunno, man. You aren't wrong. As far as Carter goes it's like the team actually bought in to the asinine meme legend stuff from last season. When in reality he's older than the guys this fanbase routinely wants to trade away for magic beans and was never as talented. None of that is to say I don't appreciate him. I do. Just would be nice to take some steps to keep him fresh or ease his workload instead of piling the minutes on and sticking him with an absolutely abysmal, chemistry-devoid duo for linemates. Oh well. That will be Malkin's problem soon enough.

I would say there is nothing wrong with bumping Carter down for a couple of weeks and letting a younger guy like like Blueger take more minutes but that would require making changes to the lineup and that would make the universe grind to a halt or something.

It’s weird how every player we pay assets for is somehow always in Sullivan’s dog house and we purposefully strip them of any trade value.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
It’s weird how every player we pay assets for is somehow always in Sullivan’s dog house and we purposefully strip them of any trade value.

There is a pattern there. I used to attribute it to Sullivan and JR not being on the same page and JR just running off and doing whatever he was going to do, regardless.

But I dunno. I also can't help but notice a lot of guys seem to come on to the team hot, look like they are really gonna bloom and then just kinda... fade.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

Why not just put E-Rod back at C?

Probably more prudent than bumping Blueger from 4c.

Crosby can get Simon back for a few games to a couple weeks. Then again, I wouldn't have an issue going...

Guentzel, E-Rod, Kapanen
Zucker, Crosby, Simon
Heinen, Carter, McGinn
ZAR, Blueger, O'Connor

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Why not just put E-Rod back at C?

Probably more prudent than bumping Blueger from 4c.

Crosby can get Simon back for a few games to a couple weeks. Then again, I wouldn't have an issue going...

Guentzel, E-Rod, Kapanen
Zucker, Crosby, Simon
Heinen, Carter, McGinn
ZAR, Blueger, O'Connor

I don't have a problem with that at all, really. I actually think ERod is a bit more effective at center.

For the record I think Blueger could handle better linemates and assignments for at least the short term, though.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I don't have a problem with that at all, really. I actually think ERod is a bit more effective at center.

For the record I think Blueger could handle better linemates and assignments for at least the short term, though.

Yeah, Blueger can probably ride coattails a bit, but I think he would wear out his welcome in the top six fairly quickly.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, Blueger can probably ride coattails a bit, but I think he would wear out his welcome in the top six fairly quickly.

Eh... probably. I still think Blueger has a bit more to offer offensively if he had a little more finishing ability on his line. But I mean... that's just this team, right now.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't want Blueger anywhere near a serious top six. But for the sake of simply grinding through some regular season games while giving key guys you'll want as fresh as possible down the road a bit of a break I'd be willing to give it a look for a dozen-ish games or whatever. It can't be much worse than ZCK is at this point.

Regardless none of it will happen. And I like your ERod idea better, anyway.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
All of this is for nought when we light up that Oilers D with no Keith, Ceci or Nurse tomorrow.

It sure would be... well... on-brand to somehow shut down McDrai and pin that garbo D with like 5 goals against, huh?

...and then the whole team comes down with another rash of COVID. Also on-brand.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Has Blueger been tried much at wing? Maybe he's the speedy, defensively responsible forward who could allow Kap to do what he's best at; cheating up ice a bit and waiting to fly the zone for chances off the rush or breakaways. Everyone's always telling me Blueger's a gem waiting to be faceted if he had better linemates, too.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
Has Blueger been tried much at wing? Maybe he's the speedy, defensively responsible forward who could allow Kap to do what he's best at; cheating up ice a bit and waiting to fly the zone for chances off the rush or breakaways. Everyone's always telling me Blueger's a gem waiting to be faceted if he had better linemates, too.

I remember during the M-Essel fiasco thinking Blue was one of the few third wheels who could salvage it

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I remember during the M-Essel fiasco thinking Blue was one of the few third wheels who could salvage it
It's a shame that we don't really have any guys who can take over a shift from the wing. Not that we ever really had an opportunity to grab anybody like that due to lack of assets and cap, but it'd go a long way toward getting those last few drops of gas out of the Sid/Geno tank. Let them sorta take the passenger seat now and then instead of everything 100% running through them while being surrounded by remoras.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
It's a shame that we don't really have any guys who can take over a shift from the wing. Not that we ever really had an opportunity to grab anybody like that due to lack of assets and cap, but it'd go a long way toward getting those last few drops of gas out of the Sid/Geno tank. Let them sorta take the passenger seat now and then instead of everything 100% running through them while being surrounded by remoras.

This is never going to happen.

Players like Sid and Geno are always going to be the guy on their line.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

He was Cullen's LW for a good bit.
Eh... probably. I still think Blueger has a bit more to offer offensively if he had a little more finishing ability on his line. But I mean... that's just this team, right now.

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't want Blueger anywhere near a serious top six. But for the sake of simply grinding through some regular season games while giving key guys you'll want as fresh as possible down the road a bit of a break I'd be willing to give it a look for a dozen-ish games or whatever. It can't be much worse than ZCK is at this point.

Regardless none of it will happen. And I like your ERod idea better, anyway.

I can honestly say I didn't expect that kind of Skill out of E-Rod, so maybe there's some hope for Teddy.

He showed some flash for all but a game, and with ZAR and McGinn no less. I really think people take those fragments and expand them. Then you realize whom they were playing and when they played again they didn't have quite the same results. Nothing is ever written in stone, but if Teddy was that good it would be apparent from wherever he played. E-Rod is shining on his own accords without help, he's making the magic.

73e55358e7b0703f20602b01b408e9e6.gif

Reactions: Zirakzigil

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
All of this is for nought when we light up that Oilers D with no Keith, Ceci or Nurse tomorrow.

they were saying that Nurse should be back in the lineup tomorrow…anyway it doesn’t matter…the Pens haven’t shown they can light up any pseudo NHL goalie whether they have a D man in the way or not (unless they luck out and a shot careens off of one) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad